cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with enable SHA 512 CUCM post upgrade

munzen92
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I need help with an issue I'm having after CUCM upgrade. I recently upgraded my CUCM to 12.0 (SU2) and after the upgrade was completed, the CUCM is no longer recognizing the SHA512 cop files. Prior to the upgrade, I installed the "ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn" and it worked just fine, and I was able to install the pre-upgrade check cop file and then did the upgrade and it completed.

However, after the upgrade completed, I tried to run the post-upgrade check cop file, but CUCM won't let me because its saying "Name does not match any filter pattern" even though I already installed the "ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn" cop file prior to the upgrade. Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I don't have it in my mind, if 12.0 SU2 already supports SHA512 signed files.
But if not, then you need to re-install the "ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn" again in 12.0 version

As you said it yourself, you only installed it in your old version. COP files won't get "transferred" to the new version.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I don't have it in my mind, if 12.0 SU2 already supports SHA512 signed files.
But if not, then you need to re-install the "ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn" again in 12.0 version

As you said it yourself, you only installed it in your old version. COP files won't get "transferred" to the new version.

Thank you very much for the information! I didn't know that those COP files didn't get transferred to the new version. Thank you!

b.winter
VIP
VIP

As per the table in the advisory for the cop file, SHA512 is not enabled in your 12.0 SU2 version:
https://www.cisco.com/web/software/282204704/18582/ciscocm.enable-sha512sum-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn-COP-Readme-v2.pdf

Unbenannt.PNG
So you need to install the cop file again

BTW: Why did you upgrade to 12.0 in the first place? Nobody uses 12.0
And second: Why didn't you upgrade to the latest SU in the 12.0 version? There is already SU5 available ...

Thank you for the information. The upgrade was for a lab environment. Not production. Thank you!

b.winter
VIP
VIP

@munzen92 Any update here?

Apologies for the delay. I have accepted your resolution. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: