cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recreating TelePresence Server functionality on Cisco Meeting Server

seanscott83
Level 1
Level 1

I had a few questions about some settings/features we use on our TelePresence Server that I'd like to set up on Cisco Meeting Server so our users have minimal differences during our transition.

1. I had a request from a few beta testers about CMS bridge splash pages being displayed when a user joins a call. Currently with the TelePresence server, we see a welcome message that gets displayed for a second or two before the video participants are shown. That screen usually shows the bridge name or some other message we set so users are sure they’re in the right spot (similar to what I'm used to seeing when when joining a WebEx CMR from one of our technical sales folks, i.e. “ Welcome to Brian’s room” or whatever). It don't see any info on this except for lobby screens, which you would only see if you were waiting for a moderator to start the meeting.

2. Currently we have a admin person check our VIP conference rooms daily and they call a bridge on our TelePresence Server that, with only one video participant, shows a loop back of the video stream it's receiving. Is there a way to recreate this on CMS?

Thanks,

Sean

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
CMS doesn't have a welcome screen like TelePresence Server does, and looking through the API, it's not possible to enable a participant to see their own video (loopback from CMS).