cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote desktop control not working when call active

s.sitthichai
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber client is working fine. We can use desktop sharing normally.

But we found some issue about "remote desktop control" feature.

Can someone confirm "remote desktop control" is also possible after video call and desktop is shared?

Because I tried to test only desktop sharing (Not call) and I can press remote desktop control.

But I cannot press remote desktop control if call is active.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

willian.mattos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

what is the version of jabber you are using? please check if there is any firewall setting blocking the packets.

Hi Varundeep Chhatwal,

Jabber 11.6.0, probably not a firewall problem because I tried to test only desktop sharing and I can press remote desktop control but I cannot press remote desktop control if call is active.

Thanks.

Dear Willan,

I found some document about this issue.

If press desktop sharing when call not active it used RDP protocol.

But if press desktop sharing when call active it used BFCP protocol which is reason cannot take control.

Ok sitthichai, thanks for your response.

Hi s.sitthichai,

I have exactly the same issue.

Thank you for the explanation.

By the way, can you please share the document that contain that statement?

Because i need to explain it to my customer.

Thank you,

Even

Please see the attached files.

Hi s.sitthichai,

Great, Thanks a lot for the doc.

I just realized that there is also statement on Cisco Jabber for Windows 10.5 Release Notes.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/10_5/rn/JABW_BK_J559CFFB_00_jabber-windows-release-notes-10-5/JABW_BK_J559CFFB_00_jabber-windows-release-notes-10-5_chapter_00.html

IM & Presence

IM Only Screen Sharing

In addition to the video screen share (BFCP) feature that is available to video-enabled clients when on a call, users can now screen share directly from an IM conversation when video share is not provisioned or available. IM screen sharing uses Microsoft RDP, which is a secure connection. When using IM only screen sharing, the screen share resolution and bandwidth allocations are directly managed by the underlying Windows OS.

Users can share their screens from IM with up to five other Cisco Jabber for Windows 10.5 users in a group chat.

Unlike BFCP, users do not need to be in a call to share their screen. Screen sharing is not currently supported while on the Expressway for Mobile and Remote Access.

Remote Desktop Control

When screen sharing from an IM, a user can request permission to remotely control the desktop of the user who is sharing the screen. Either user can revoke the remote desktop control at anytime. Remote desktop control is not currently supported while on the Expressway for Mobile and Remote Access.

Thanks,

Even