Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing or editing contact numbers and attributes showing up in Jabber

stavropouloss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm integrating UCM with LDAP server for directory services. I use the UDS setting by default in the jabber-config.xml. When I'm searching for a contact in Jabber I get what the screenshot shows when mouse over or when I right click and click Call on a contact.

The question is if there is any way to edit what is shown up there. Let say that I want just the URI to be shown and not the rest of the Contact numbers like home, mobile etc. Is this possible?

And further than that can I edit the label of the URI you see in the screenshot from Work: to let say SIP: or Jabber? I've searched if this is possible using jabber-config.xml but haven't come up with anything.

I'm uploading the screenshot and the config file I'm using.

Thank you,

Stefanos

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried changing the default value for the fields you don't want to show up to an empty field in your LDAP?? AFAIK if it find something in the field it's configured to pull the info from, it will show.

And no, labels cannot be customized..

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have access to the LDAP. This is managed by the customer organization and they have strict policy about editing OUs and make changes. The info in the fields is also used for other enterprise apps.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: