Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RMA ---M JABBER RE-CONNECT INSIDE FROM OUTSIDE

Hi Pros and Happy and prosperous NEW YEAR!

I am sure that i'm not the only experiencing this issues...

I have RMA fully deployment and has been working fine... Execpt one hiccup, when my mobile users are moving from their CELL Phone provider data network to our internal WIFI.

Their mobile device will authenticate/Registered with the WIFI network but their Jabber client will lost registration with CUCM(showing exclamation under phone profile) which i understand because of the IP address changes. However, it seems the client does not proceed with a quick RE-discovery to quickly re-authenticate with the CUCM server with their new IP. At that point a logout and login back forces the re-registration!

IS there a setting in the Jabber client to force the re-authentication? Or is there something in CUCM for force that?

Advice/suggestion and best practices will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jean,

A very Happy New Year to you as well. Please make sure Built in Bridge is disabled on Mobile device page on CUCM

Chhatwal,

Thanks for the reply... However, the suggested change does not make any difference.

Thanks

Hey Pros,

I thought might as well do another check here before getting the TAC involve on this issue.

I have found these thread which exactly the same issue that I am experiencing: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12311096/jabber-android-cannot-connect-phone-services

However, even I followed the recommendation, just added the domain in the BOT profile for the device... I still have no luck!

Any others thoughts?

Thanks,

Morning Pros,

Just an update here...

Troubleshooting with the TAC has shown that Jabber does not change its IP address even though the WIFI card has gotten an IP address in the internal WIFI(only a full log out and log in back forces Jabber to change its IP). Therefore, Jabber keeps sending registration request to CUCM with the IP address of the CELL provider DATA network, and CUCM keeps sending sip ack 200 to expressway-c. Not initiate the communication, expressways-c ignores CUCM and registration eventually fails.

TAC is going to escalate the SR to dev. team. But in the mean time, I can't believe that I am the first one to run into that issue.

So if you've experienced this issue, please advice.

Thanks,

Hey Morning/Afternoon pros,

TAC has received words back from the dev. teams. This issue appears to be a well known issue internal but I not currently visible online. Defect ID is CSCvs62145.

Thanks,