Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

separates data and video

Dear All,

I have a problem in my network. When I implement video conferencing, using almost all the bandwidth used, so that the data traffic is slower, otherwise during the high data traffic, video conferencing becomes dotted. Please help me find a solution, so as video conferencing and data can be separated. So that both can work well together.

I am using Cisco Tandberg, and Cisco 2811 for router.

Best regards,

Agung DW

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your problem is either you dont have any QoS configured or its not working.

Review this QoS Design guide and configure your QoS accordingly: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND_40/QoSIntro_40.html

Specifically you need to have LLQ configured where you have voice and data. LLQ is just same as CBWFQ but adds Priority Queue for real time traffic and then class based weighted fair queue for other classes. This makes sure your real time traffic like voice gets priority treatment but at the same time has an implicit policer as well which will make sure during congestion your other traffic gets the bandwidth you specify.

So to solve your problem configure qos, correctly classifying each type of traffic, namely voice, video, critical data, network control, scavenger, best effort etc., assigning each type of traffic guaranteed bandwidth according to the requirements (Refer to Cisco document, it will give you best practices or reference point) and you will be in much better position.

Hope that helps

Terry

Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your problem is either you dont have any QoS configured or its not working.

Review this QoS Design guide and configure your QoS accordingly: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND_40/QoSIntro_40.html

Specifically you need to have LLQ configured where you have voice and data. LLQ is just same as CBWFQ but adds Priority Queue for real time traffic and then class based weighted fair queue for other classes. This makes sure your real time traffic like voice gets priority treatment but at the same time has an implicit policer as well which will make sure during congestion your other traffic gets the bandwidth you specify.

So to solve your problem configure qos, correctly classifying each type of traffic, namely voice, video, critical data, network control, scavenger, best effort etc., assigning each type of traffic guaranteed bandwidth according to the requirements (Refer to Cisco document, it will give you best practices or reference point) and you will be in much better position.

Hope that helps

Terry

Please rate helpful posts

Hi Agung,

Let us know how you go and if you have no more queries please do mark the thread as answered.

-Terry

Hi Terry,

thank you very much about your guidance, that so help full.

Now I will try to configure QoS that didn't exist previously.

Best regards,

Agung

No Worries - Glad that helped!

-Terry

Hi Terry,

Another quick and easy fix would be to change the default call rate on your endpoint so that it doesn't use as much bandwith.  Change the setting from the default to 768k (or whatever you deem is appropriate for your link).

While a user could override this manually on the endpoint, they generally don't look and dial with the default setting.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.