cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Pack advanced notifications - but no distributable provided.

kmason10101
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have a CWMS hosted via cisco as https://ourCorp.webex.com

We receive advanced notice of maintenance, as demonstrated in the letter below, but we do not receive or have access to the required .msi distributables until after the patch is applied.

We use Citrix Xenapp and Provisioning services to provide users their work environment, so we must prepare our images in advance.  We are basically without WebEx for a day after a major WebEx patch.

I can see that the executable is dated 12/10/2015, whereas the deployment date was 01/07/2016 - 3 weeks later, so I would like to know how to get the package (webexmc.msi, ptools.msi, etc) in advance.

Dear Cisco WebEx Customer,
Cisco WebEx is sending this message to key business contacts at https://ourCorp.webex.com.

On Thu Jan 7, 2016 between 7pm and 11:59pm PST (GMT-8), Cisco will be applying a Service Pack to the following WebEx services:
*    Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
*    Cisco WebEx Training Center
*    Cisco WebEx Event Center
*    Cisco WebEx Support Center

This email contains information to help ensure a smooth transition.
-- snip --

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Per your post, I can see you are using WebEx SaaS and not Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (on-premise) product. Unfortunately, this community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products and is not observed by WebEx SaaS experts. 

In case you get these notifications in the future, I advise you to reach out to Cisco WebEx Support by calling them @1.866.229.3239 reference your WebEx Site name and the notification and ask for clients ahead of time.

Unfortunately, I can't provide you with more information on this topic. You may want to call Cisco WebEx Support ahead of time and ask if they have some structured mechanism for providing those ahead of time.

I hope this will be of help.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Per your post, I can see you are using WebEx SaaS and not Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (on-premise) product. Unfortunately, this community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products and is not observed by WebEx SaaS experts. 

In case you get these notifications in the future, I advise you to reach out to Cisco WebEx Support by calling them @1.866.229.3239 reference your WebEx Site name and the notification and ask for clients ahead of time.

Unfortunately, I can't provide you with more information on this topic. You may want to call Cisco WebEx Support ahead of time and ask if they have some structured mechanism for providing those ahead of time.

I hope this will be of help.

-Dejan