Views
Helpful
Replies

Turn off cisco uds SRV resolution on Jabber

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a live IM&P & CUCM 10.5 cluster which is working fine.I also have a test IM&P and CUCM cluster.

I want to be able to flick the Jabber client between the two.However Jabber is using the _cisco-uds SRV record which always points to the Live cluster.

Am I able to disable _cisco-uds SRV lookup and just setup the Jabber Manually.I have tried playing around with the jabber bootstrap file but can't seem make any difference.

thanks

5 Replies 5

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

If you have the capacity, you could put the test environment in a different domain, and then have SRV records for both domains.

Alternatively, within the Jabber client, at the sign-in prompt, click the "Advanced Settings" link and select "Cisco Communications Manager 9 or later". Then, in the login server section, input the IP address or FQDN of the Communications Manager of the cluster that you want to login with.

With switching back and fourth between clusters, you may find that you'll have to clear the client cache or reset the client from time to time.

Thanks,

Ryan

(: ... Please rate helpful posts ... :)

Hi Ryan, thanks for the info but this was the first thing I tried.As far as I can see this won't work as it uses the _cisco-uds SRV first which sends you to the production cluster first, even if you manually try and change it ,

Did you clear the cache files / reset the jabber client first, before attempting the manual login to the Communications Manager node?

Thanks,

Ryan

There needs to be two SRV (assuming different domain)

Example:

Production domain: cisco.com

Test domain: tac.cisco.com

_cisco-uds._tcp.cisco.com  ---> to Production CUCM

_cisco-uds._tcp.tac.cisco.com --> to Test CUCM

For Production Login to Jabber:

• jdoe@cisco.com

Switching to Test Jabber:

• Reset Jabber
  • jdoe@tac.ciscocom

This way SRV will query for the right domain to get the right CUCM server.

Make sure that Bootstrap file (Under c:\program data\Cisco Systems\...) does have any predefined info that might break this.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Create a separate jabber-config.xml file and add:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide_chapter_010.html#CJAB_RF_S825FD93_00

Then assign to the particular client you're using for tests, and use manual input to point to the lab server

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate