Views
Helpful
Replies

Session expired notifications

jcapayne
Level 5
Level 5

Jabber 11.7, SAML authentication.

Users moving around the building often get session expired notifications.  When clicking "new session" they don't have to reenter credentials, and IM&P continues working, however, telephony goes offline.

Anyone else see this - any idea how to resolve?

We also don't want mobile users to have to re-auth as aggressively as desktop users (the mobile users may not notice an expired session as much as a desktop user).  Is there a way to give them a very long session time?

11 Replies 11

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

We have the same problem, the "New Session" option just doesn't work, and user's have to quit Jabber and reopen it to get all services back.

To my mind, not only should it work, but users shouldn't even have to click on the button, it should just try to renew the session itself.

thlamber
Level 5
Level 5

Can you clarify if this a mobile or desktop problem you are experiencing

Desktop.  Mac and Windows.

mo sh
Level 5
Level 5

Which CUCM version do you use? Is this problem for all appliances? (tablet, Mobile, . . . )

Currently 11.0.1

Desktop right now - we don't have enough experience with mobile due to the clients only just starting to support our authentication requirements to tell if mobile is having the same problem.  I suspect so.

Hello John,

If you haven't already done so can you submit a PRT?  Perhaps you can also let me know when you have done so , I'd like to keep a close eye on this issue.

Once our team have investigated this issue Ill get back to you with any updates.

Kindest regards,

Gerard.

For macOS and Windows - this seems to have been related to us chaining a couple of SSO systems together, that we've since separated and the problem _seems_ to be resolved.

For iOS we're seeing this a lot (and I sent a PRT)

Adam Roddy
Level 1
Level 1

I get this on internal windows's PC's when a CUCM/IMP/CUC server is rebooted or if connectivity is lost for any reason (WAN circuit bounce).  I would expect there should be no impact to users as I have both a Pub and a Sub.  Hitting "New Session" resumes the connection but it is extremely annoying an generates many help desk calls.  So if I do any CUCM upgrades that requires cluster reboot, users will come in the next morning and see this error.  I am using CUCM 11.5 and ADFS 3.0 for my IDP.

citd-jp-collab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are experiencing the same issue with CUCM 11.5, VCS 8.9.1 & ADFSv3.  We have a case open but no resolution as yet.

Our end users frequently move between office and mobile networks and are missing calls due to the 'new session' notification being missed on clients.

I'd be keen to know if anyone else has managed to get this working in a silimar enviroment?

Thanks

Karl.

Hi,

We enabled KMSI on the ADFS side and its seems to have fixed our issues with Jabber and the 'new session' prompt

Regards

K

Interesting, hadn't come across that setting, but have just turned it on and will see if that helps. I imagine that there will still be some cases where the "New Session" box will appear, but this would vastly reduce the possibility of it happening if it worked.

I still think Cisco needs to get rid of it altogether and renew the session automatically, but I've been asking this for years without any joy!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: