cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Software Manager satellite Enhanced Edition 6.0.1 patch upgrade : cannot upload sh file

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

I was trying to upgrade SSMSE 6.0 to 6.0.1. I followed the upgrade guide as follows:

Upgrade Procedures:

1. Download the 6.0.1 patch from CCO www.cisco.com/go/smartsatellite.
  2. Upgrade must be done from the console. You CANNOT upgrade from the satellite UI option.
    a. Enter the command to copy the file from where you downloaded it to your satellite:

scp ssms-6.-.1-patch.sh admin@<ip-address>:~

b. ssh to your satellite 6.0.0 with admin and password you created during Kickstart.
      c. Run the following command to upgrade:

sudo ./ssms-6.0.1-patch.sh

NOTE: If you receive and error “command not found”, it is likely becase the script does not have linux ‘execute’ permissions.  To fix this, you can follow one of the following procedures

sudo bash ./ssms-6.0.1-patch.sh

OR

chmod 777 ./ssms-6.0.1-patch.sh

Then reissue the upgrade command in step ‘c’
       d. The system provides a message that it’s upgrading.

3. After approximately 5-15 minutes, it notifies the user and reboots itself as a 6.0.1 system.

4. You can register a satellite Account and synchronize it.

But I cannot upload the patch. I used WinSCP and selected SCP and then try to connect to satellite server. I entered the admin username and password. but it got denied.

why? what is the reason.

8 Replies 8

KirkD
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if it will help at all, but I wasn't able to upload the patch using our usual software (i.e., SolarWinds SFTP/SCP Server). The Satellite and program couldn't agree on a key exchange method. I had to use another program we have, Tectia - Secure File Transfer.

Nik Noltenius
Spotlight
Spotlight

Worked for me using WinSCP.

Are you sure you use the right credentials?

Console admin is a different one than the WebUI admin. The console admin password is configured during installation of the satellite.

Regards,

Nik

no i was using webUI admin. but now when it try the Console password i note down i still cannot login with that. i tried to login with SSH. it also didnt login. it keeps on denied even for SSH.
How can i reset console password now ?

I haven't tried it but since it's a CentOS I'd try one of the many how-to's on how to recover lost passwords on this operating system.

This one seems to thoroughly explain it, but as I said, I didn't try it myself:

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/4022-reset-root-password-on-centos-5-6

Regards,

Nik

Hello nik,

Can you pleaee share step by step process for tis upgradation

Download the patch ie ssms-6.0.1-patch.sh file
Also download release note. it will have the procedure to upgrade.
Install winscp in your windows PC.
Enter the IP address of satellite server.
Enter OS credential of satellite (not the web GUI credential).
After login, upload the downloaded patch file to root directory.
Then SSH to satellite vm.
execute command " sudo ./ssms-6.0.1-patch.sh " .
now it will start updating it.

Can you share path of root directory ?

Hi  jaheshkhan,

Hope i m uploading in correct directory , but i am getting this error .See attachment

while when i am uploading in Home/admin directory then its successful .

Can you help me here . 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: