cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark for Windows crashes at Detecting Media Devices screen

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

I have a user who goes through the Spark install with no issues, however once the application launches it hangs on the screen that says Detecting Media Devices.  It then gives the only option to close the program.  Several times reinstalling, with the same issue.  I was able to grab what I think might be a log, but does anyone have any ideas?  I know it isn't a lot to go off of, but any advice is appreciated.

6 Replies 6

johnkenn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This isn't a known issue so please upload the logs and we'll investigate. Thanks

Thanks.  I created a ticket through Feedback and attached the log.

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

So an update on this.  A couple of our engineers found the problem.  We have to delete HKCU\Software\Cisco which contains a Cisco NAC Agent folder.  Once deleted, reinstall Spark and you have no issues.  Then you can re-add the key you deleted with no issues.  Don't know what root cause is, but that seems to be the issue.

Interesting, I can't think why the Cisco NAC Agent would effect access to the devices but thanks for letting us know.

John, I believe it is related to our organization image.  Keith works for the same company I do I believe.  However, if it pops up with other orgs it's something to look at.

Same exact issue, and followed your advice and bam...works like a champ now. Thanks !!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: