cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark Help

nkazazia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I created a Spark room for my team and I am the moderator - I need to add a few more people to the room but I cannot edit the people in the room details. I have tried unlocking it and locking it but the options to add or remove people is no there. Is there a support team for Spark I can reach out to?

10 Replies 10

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

Hey Noelle,

Are you running the free version?  It's possible you hit the limit of users you are able to add with the free version.  If you create another room do you have the same issues?

To my knowledge there is no limit to the number of people in a room with the free version, so that won't be the issue.

Room moderation - i.e. the ability to lock a room is only available to paid users.

@noelle - I would ensure the client is up to date (and try using the desktop client from - download.ciscospark.com) or try Firefox and the web client (web.ciscospark.com)

rokleman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am having the exact same issue .... This seems to be unrelated to the client used.

Can you post a screen short - for example on my Windows client I see on the right hand a place to add people to the room under room details.

Also, one thing to confirm - if the room is created as a 1-2-1 room then you will not be able to add people to it - a 1-2-1 room always remains between the two parties - this is by design.

sparkaddpeople.png

rokleman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is not a 1-2-1 room. Screen shot below. The button to add people on the top right is absent in this room. It is there in other rooms, though...  

Untitled.tiff

From that screenshot it looks like you are certainly using the paid version of Spark (I can see the room indicates 20 external people). The room icons look like these might be the new team "channels" - i.e. rooms specific to a team - I haven't seen that feature in action but I believe the team potential has an admin who controls/moderates the members of that team. What's interesting is that on Friday you appeared to successfully add someone to the room. I wonder if this is DevOps in action and ahead of Enterprise Connect the feature was rolled out and your room became a moderated team room. If you expand the people tab on the right - of the 25 people are some shown as administrators/moderators. If a room is locked/moderated then only the moderator can add/remove others to the room or change the team name.

This wasn't the OP's problem as they had tried locking and unlocking the room.

Hi Roland,

That room is indeed part of a 'team' which is a new concept within Spark. It is still under development at the moment and some features are currently disabled. It's possible you were added by someone who has developer privileges.

The difference between team rooms and regular rooms is that all the team rooms are available to all members of the team. When the feature is fully enabled, a moderator can add a member to a team under the teams tab in the left hand panel and then they can then join rooms of their choosing.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

Is there an update on when these features will be enabled again?

rokleman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure how we need up in a team room - I just created the room myself.

Here is what helped, finally.

I used the mobile version of Spark. It showed the missing button that I don't get from the web or Mac version of Spark and I could add more people.

Thanks for everyone's help.

That's very odd. You should report the issue via the feedback option that every Spark client has. This doesn't sound like correct behaviour to me.