cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark + Jabber = too confusing to user?

hinewwiner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  My company is planning to role out the Cisco desk phones (88XX) with Jabber application (with on-prem Cisco PBX). We are also planning to have employees subscribed to Spark service and configured to Spark hybrid services so that desk phones can be integrated with the Spark service. (We originally wanted to use the paid call services offered in Spark but the service is not available in my country yet)

I am little concerned that rolling out both Jabber and Spark may be confusing to our employees since Spark is already configured to be aware of calls.  Does anyone have similar setup as we do here? How is the experience so far?  Can I just have Spark without Jabber? What is benefit of having Jabber when Spark is configured with hybrid services?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

I have the same opinion. I also think it is very confusing.

For example, in my country, we're not allowed to register phone devices to Spark cloud, so the only thing is to make calls from Spark account and make video calls. BUT, as long as Spark don't have a full CTI in a hybrid deployment I will never use it. I'd prefer to use the Cisco Jabber, that has nice features and has a full CTI over the phones in the company.

yes. I do like the features that Jabber brings but I also need those collaboration features that Spark brings.

Both can do 1:1 or 1 to many chat and I am concerned that our users will be confused and don't know what to use..  

Is there anyone who successfully deployed both to their environment?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reach out to your SE and ask him if they have any success stories on similar deployments they can share.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate