cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble joining WebEx meeting with Windows 10

blizzard11
Level 1
Level 1

On two different Windows 10 Pro notebooks, I tried to join a WebEx meeting using Internet Explorer and after installing the add-on I get a modal window telling me "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Me\AppData\LocalLow\WebEx\WebEx\1524\atinst.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly then try again."

If I remove the add-on and instead choose "Run a temporary application" I can join.

Any suggestions, other than use what works?

12 Replies 12

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure about that, but I am sure you must be aware about this, Windows 10 is not listed under supported OS for both the CWMS on-prem and the cloud webex.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_01100.html#reference_71EE5F550E5D4E89B982F64F16DCD0C2

Ref: https://support.webex.com/MyAccountWeb/knowledgeBase.do?articleId=WBX4830

Sorry its not of much help to you I guess.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

All I'm trying to do is join a meeting that someone else is hosting. I don't know anything about CWMS, WBS, etc, I just click a link in an invitation and try to join a meeting. Best I came up with from the support site is article WBX87246 which says, "Windows 10 is not yet officially supported by Cisco WebEx, but users on WebEx Business Suite (WBS) 30.1 and 29.13.40 and later should be able to start and join meetings using Internet Explorer." The "should be able" part sounds encouraging, but I don't know anything about WBS versions, and not being a paying customer, I don't seem to have much access to support. When I google "webex atinst" I see a lot of results from a few years ago where people had similar problems with then-new Windows 8.

Yes Windows 10 is listed as not formally supported. The only thing I can find closest is this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/how-can-i-view-a-webex-recording-in-windows-8-and/0299d288-ac22-4a9c-82da-75a3eecab6fa

Just in case you haven't seen that. Most of it is unfortunately relating to Windows 8, but see if you can try couple of work around listed here.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

While testing W10 compatibility, I ran into the same issue.

Until Cisco will be able to come up with a solution, the workaround is to copy the link and paste it into Firefox or Chrome if internet Explorer is your default browser. These browsers don't show this issue like IE or Microsoft Edge.

Hope this helps for the moment.

Best

Patrick

hi Dejan

im issues login to web console ccx and unity in Windows 10 i got the cannot diplay the webpage do you know if there any solution to that?

thanks

Hi,

This community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products and is not observed by CCX and Unity experts. Please, create a dedicated post under Unified Communications Application to get the answer needed.

I hope this will get you the answers you need faster.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Karl Nurmi
Level 5
Level 5

I have this issue as well with some staff members Win 10 machines.

chris.mitchell1
Level 1
Level 1

Try installing the Chrome IETab extension and then running the WebEx URL through the IETab that is created. This has had some success here and is a good enough workaround until a CISCO solution becomes available.

Thanks chris.mitchell1,

I resolved this problem with your recommendation.

Best regards,

Juan Luis Rodriguez

Chris, can you please give me the specifics of how to do this for Windows 10 Edge (or Windows 10 Explorer if need be)?

Please email this to hammingk@bellaliant.net.

Thanks.

Kees Hamming