cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TURN error Jabber guest

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

When I go to one of my Jabber Guest links the plugin loads and run, but I get "TURN Error:  Your call attempt has failed due to incompatibility with your home or company security infrastructure. Please contact your network administrator or check your home network security settings."  Not sure what to check for from here.  I'm assuming this is a Jabber guest configuration error and not actually an issue with my security infrastructure.  Thanks!  Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Also from the Jabber Guest 10.0 Installation and Configuration Guide:

What It Means

This message indicates that the web client could not allocate the TURN relay on the TURN server. This
could occur for one of the following reasons:

• UDP port 3478 is blocked.

• The DNS record for the TURN server is not resolvable (must be a DNS A-record).

• The Expressway-E TURN Server (IP Address or DNS Name) field and Turn Port fields (Settings > Call Control and Media) are not configured correctly. For more information, see Set Up TURN Server Information, on page 32.

• The Domain name (Settings > Call Control and Media, under Cisco Expressway-C) is not a configured domain name on Cisco Expressway-C or is not configured for Cisco Jabber Guest services. For configuration details, see Steps 5, 6, and 7 in Configure Cisco Expressway-E and Cisco Expressway-C: Cisco Expressway-E with Single NIC Deployment, on page 24 and Step 6 in Configure TURN

HTH,

-Christopher

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Also from the Jabber Guest 10.0 Installation and Configuration Guide:

What It Means

This message indicates that the web client could not allocate the TURN relay on the TURN server. This
could occur for one of the following reasons:

• UDP port 3478 is blocked.

• The DNS record for the TURN server is not resolvable (must be a DNS A-record).

• The Expressway-E TURN Server (IP Address or DNS Name) field and Turn Port fields (Settings > Call Control and Media) are not configured correctly. For more information, see Set Up TURN Server Information, on page 32.

• The Domain name (Settings > Call Control and Media, under Cisco Expressway-C) is not a configured domain name on Cisco Expressway-C or is not configured for Cisco Jabber Guest services. For configuration details, see Steps 5, 6, and 7 in Configure Cisco Expressway-E and Cisco Expressway-C: Cisco Expressway-E with Single NIC Deployment, on page 24 and Step 6 in Configure TURN

HTH,

-Christopher

Hello,

I have the same problem and I dont knon to troubleshoot ? 

Please advise with address has to be in the TURN SServer field (private DMz address or public dmz address) ? If someone can share screenshots,  it will be very hesp full. 

Regards

Driss

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

Right.  Should have caught that one.  It was a long day.  It was the Domain name setting on the Exp-C.  Thanks much.  I think I have one more issue to go, but I'm pretty sure it's just a regular VCS dial plan issue.