cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Messaging Exchange 2010 with Jabber

Phil.Males
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone aware of a way to have Jabber integrate with Exchange 2010 for voice-mail?

I have CUCM trunked to the server, the calls are going to the server and you can leave a voice mail and phone MWI lights up.

I have the voice-mail icon on the jabber client and when I press it, it goes to the voice mail box.

The issue is that it says its not connected, and when people leave a voice-mail, Jabber does not indicate you have a message.

We are running CUCM 9.1, CUPS 9.1, Jabber4W 9.7

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VM configuration Jabber gets is the one from the UC service configured in CUCM, no way to configure anything beyond Unity or CUC.

Not sure if there's a equivalent interface in Exchange UM you could point to via those settings.

And I'm not sure if those are fine tuned to Unity/CUC only. You would need to try. But it's not officially supported.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Edip Gumuskaya
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for the same thing. Nothing on the web about the integration.

Let me know if you get lucky?

Thanks,

Ed

Edip Gumuskaya
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for the same thing. Nothing on the web about the integration.

Let me know if you get lucky?

Thanks,

Ed

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber for windows 9.7; only supports VMREST voicemail access. The only option for this is unity connection 8.5 and above. Connection to Exchange 2010 form of unified messaging (voicemail service through exchange server alone) is not supported.

Please refer to the following link;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_01.html#JABW_RF_SEF029A0_00

On-Premises Servers for Cisco Jabber for Windows and Cisco Jabber for Mac

Cisco Jabber supports the following on-premises servers:
  •  Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 8.0(1) or later
  •  Cisco Unified Presence version 8.0(3) or later
  •  Cisco Unity Connection version 8.5 or later