Unity Connection Call handler Busy Greeting

Hello Support Community,

I have a customer who has these different type of greetings:

1. Standard

2. Closed

3. Holiday

4. Closed out for training

5. Closed early due to severe weather

So I was like ok we can do the first 4 with Closed out for training being the Alternate greeting but I was wondering how I could get the Closed early due to severe weather greeting in there. I looked at the Busy greeting but all the documentation says is "Plays when the extension is busy." or "Plays when the target’s extension is busy." I am not sure what they mean by target. 

In other words when does the busy greeting play ?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

If the number of call reach the busy trigger on the directory number it will play the busy greeting if the call reaches voicemail.

Response Signature

When CUCM sends a call towards CUC it tells CUC whether the call is a direct call or a forwarded call. And for forwarded calls, it tells CUC why the call rolled (No answer or Busy). CUCM also gives CUC the original calling party number, the original called party number, and the final redirect number.

CUC uses these pieces of information to select a Call Routing Rule that it then uses to decide what it should do first inside the CUC programming.

So, a "Busy" call is when the original target of a call (the original called party) did not take the call because the extension was "Busy". An extension in CUCM will do its Busy behavior when the number of active calls hits the Busy Trigger (configured on the DN).

This means that, no, you can't use the Busy Greeting for another purpose. The Busy greeting is activated when call arrives at CUC because of a Busy Condition only.

Given your description, I'd say you'd need to re-use (meaning re-record) the Alternate greeting for days closed by inclement weather and days closed for training. If it is for a customer, you can make them a "Greeting Administrator" so they can do it themselves.

Maren