cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Connect integration with UC5x0

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi just wondering if this integration is possible now with 8.6 of the UC5x0 code, if so can someone point me to me to the docs.

In the Connect cloud administration page it says the UC integration is only available for version 6.x and lower?? We are running 7.2

Thanks in advance,

Bob James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mvild
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That message applies to "Click to Call".  Look below you will see the other "integration" options.  Click to call was something that the older client version is compatible with only.

Also, use the Connect Admin guide.. all the documentation is there.  You can easily do a search to find what you are looking for...

http://www.webex.com/webexconnect/orgadmin/help/index.htm?toc.htm?18648.htm

Your OrgAdmin must be provisioned to support Unified Communications. If not, just have your Cisco account person send open a Remedy ticket to have this done.

This is what I see when I click to add a new cluster and then choose Enable Cisco UC Manager Express integration with Cisco WebEx Connect:

CME.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mvild
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That first tab was set with the initial UC integration and that specific tap "General" will only apply for customers who deply the older version of Connect (6.x) for various reasons. 

Use the Clusters tab to configure your CUCM servers, which does support CUCM 8.6.

Sorry for the confusion.

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Yes I understand it's the client, we are running 7.2.1 Build 16886 of the client. When I open the client it says "Service not available, please contact your system administrator (me) under the Unified Communications settings hence me going to the admin portal and seeing that message.

Does something on the backend (Cisco) have to be enabled for this?

Bob James

Same message under clusters.

Cluster.png

Just to be clear this is a UC5x0 system which is basically CME

mvild
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That message applies to "Click to Call".  Look below you will see the other "integration" options.  Click to call was something that the older client version is compatible with only.

Also, use the Connect Admin guide.. all the documentation is there.  You can easily do a search to find what you are looking for...

http://www.webex.com/webexconnect/orgadmin/help/index.htm?toc.htm?18648.htm

Your OrgAdmin must be provisioned to support Unified Communications. If not, just have your Cisco account person send open a Remedy ticket to have this done.

This is what I see when I click to add a new cluster and then choose Enable Cisco UC Manager Express integration with Cisco WebEx Connect:

CME.png

"Your OrgAdmin must be provisioned to support Unified Communications. If not, just have your Cisco account person send open a Remedy ticket to have this done." - Bingo

I opened a ticket on this because all my settings were greyed out.

Still waiting for it to be done....

Thanks

Bob James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: