cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Connect not able to use application dial rules

nz78au
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUCM ver  7.1.5.32900-2 anc WebEx Connnect version 7.1.2. I am unable to use Dial rules configured in the CUCM. E.g in Australia I use 0 for outside line. I have CUPC client working fine and I can use the dial rules without any issue. Am I missing something?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuciwebex/7x/english/administration/guide_new/chapter_3.html

Above link indicates if you have dialing rules already configured, there is no need to install the COP file. "cmterm-csf-copydialingrules-0.1.cop.sgn"

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Running CUCM 7.1.3.30000-1 and WebEx Connect 7.1.2, and facing the same issue.

Tempo work-around via translation rules, but not optimal...

Does this validation check works for you?

>Verifying the Dialing Rules Installation

>Verify that the following files are present in the /usr/local/cm/tftp/CUPC directory of the TFTP server:

>•AppDialRules.xml

>•DirLookupDialRules.xml

Thanks man. On the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuciwebex/7x/english/administration/guide_new/chapter_3.html

there is a note stating "You may already have these rules configured for other Cisco applications. If they exist, you may skip the following procedure". I have dialing rules configured for presence and they work when I use Cisco Unified Personal communictor. I was hoping I will not have to do anything else to use the same rules.

mvild
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When ADRs are mofidied the TFTP service needs to be restarted.  This is the case for CUCIConnect and CUPC 8.

Has this been done?  If not, restart this service and test it again.

If you are running CUPC 8.5, this effort is not the case as the CSF was modified in this latest release.

ADRs are not modified. They are working fine with CUPC 8.5 but not with Webex Connect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: