cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Enabled TelePresence (former OneTouch 2.0)

Elter
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, i was trying to activate the WebEx Enabled TelePresence and for my surprise, i was informed by WebEx support team that the OneTouch service/feature is not available for European WebEx Account.

Does anyone have some forecast or roadmap when European subscription will be able to activate this service?

Thanks

Elter

4 Replies 4

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Elter

The release for Webex enabled TP was global. However, the datacenter for WebEx needs to be built in EMEA. That is expected sometime in Q4CY2013. Until that happens all customers must run out of US WebEx data center. This also means that there could be minor lag and delay seen in calls causing some lip sync.

Also the dial-in and call back numbers will change to EMEA based customers since their WebEx site will need to be moved to the US data center temporarily.

-Prafull Nayak

Cisco WebEx Product Manager

OK, thanks for the response.

So, even with my EMEA WebEx MC account I can send the A2Q to have my WebEx Enabled TelePresence activated using US infraestructure?

My idea is to use VoIP only right now and maybe the delay is not so high for nHD calls. (we´ll evaluate)

Thanks

Hi Prafull,

Is Cisco WebEx Telepresence available in EMEAR region? Have a customer who wants a cloud-based videoconferencing solution and I want to know whether I can propose the Cisco WebEx TP.

Thank you

Hi Kevin,

After a small delay getting the requisite DC infrastructure in place, partners trained, etc. WXeTP (aka CMR Hybrid) was in fact rolled out and has been available (with an approved A2Q)  in EMEA since Jan 30, 2014. We have a number of customers deployed live there today.

FYI, the latest info on WXeTP can be found here, in the Cisco communities, provided you have a partner login (since a TP partner or Cisco AS is required to deploy it, at the moment):  WebEx Enabled TelePresence

The WXeTP AS practice can be contacted at wxetp_services@cisco.com .

Hope that helps!

Thanks and best regards,

Russ Kahan

Product Manager for WebEx-enabled Telepresence