Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Meetings Server users and CUCM users

armingojak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a question about CUCM purpose in CWMS deployment.

I read CWMS Ordering Guide and I read this:

"Note that Cisco WebEx Meetings Server can run on numerous voice gateways, as long as UCM serves as the SIP integration point to those other voice gateways."

So, based on this information I tried to create BoM for CWMS.

I used UC Sizing Tool to size a system (2000 users/ports) but I am a little bit confused with CUCM, because

my plan is to use CUCM only to link CWMS with the existing PBX so users can make teleconference from PSTN.

So, my question is, do I also need to specify a user licenses for CUCM in my BoM (2000 users)? 

Thanks,

Armin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Armin,

CWMS uses CUCM for SIP integration for SIP telephony (PSTN, Internal or external) only.

If you plan to not register any phone or endpoint on this CUCM so plan your BoM accodingly as CWMS has nothing to do with user license on CUCM and vice-versa.

HTH

Arun

View solution in original post

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Armin,

I am not a CUCM expert, but if you plan to use your CUCM just as a connection between your Voice GW and CWMS, without registering any phones to it, I believe you can purchase CUCM with basic product licenses (I think this setup is called "session manager" or "sme"). I don't see the need for 2000 users license if you won't have any phones registered to the CUCM server.

Also, I would advise you to reach out to CUCM forum as well to get a better idea about CUCM licensing and this "session manager" setup.

I hope this would provide you with some guidance.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Armin,

CWMS uses CUCM for SIP integration for SIP telephony (PSTN, Internal or external) only.

If you plan to not register any phone or endpoint on this CUCM so plan your BoM accodingly as CWMS has nothing to do with user license on CUCM and vice-versa.

HTH

Arun

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Armin,

I am not a CUCM expert, but if you plan to use your CUCM just as a connection between your Voice GW and CWMS, without registering any phones to it, I believe you can purchase CUCM with basic product licenses (I think this setup is called "session manager" or "sme"). I don't see the need for 2000 users license if you won't have any phones registered to the CUCM server.

Also, I would advise you to reach out to CUCM forum as well to get a better idea about CUCM licensing and this "session manager" setup.

I hope this would provide you with some guidance.

-Dejan

Thank you guys.

Exactly, we did not plan to use any endpoints and phones on CUCM.

My opinion is also that users license are not required to CUCM but I wanted to confirm with someone who maybe has more experience with CWMS than me.

Thanks,

Armin