cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Problem adding initial users

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

I am just installing a new webex implementation 1.1.1.9.A.

I can access my admin page using my previosuly configured email address (admwebex@mydom.com).

When I created my first two users , none of them received any email from my webex system

When I tried with "email users" option on my Webex administration web page, no email was received.

When I installed and configured this webex system I defined admwebex@mydom.com as email.

I verified with network administrator that this email is active and receiving emails.

I verified proper name of customer's mail server and SMTP port configuration.

Does Webex use this email admwebex@mydom.com as email addres for users notifications??? or I need to create on customer's Mail Server aditional email??

What aditional configuration would  I require to solve this problem??

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Enrique Villasana

10 Replies 10

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Enrique,

I had a similar issue. From your mail server page in CWMS check its showing UP.

Ask your exchange admin to add the ip address of both admin and webexsite in exchange. It should fix the issue.

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Terry Cheema,

First at all thanks for your answer.

Do you mean on Mail server's "host" file???

Because both Ip addresses have been added to customer DNS

I will appreciate your answer.

Enrique Villasana

Hi Mate - Not a problem.

Exchange by default will allows to relay emails only if it has a mailbox acct or the server is in allowed list. If you have configured CWMS without authentication, then you need to add the ip address of CWMS into exchange. Exchange will not allow CWMS to relay emails by default. To allow CWMS to relay emails through exchange you need to configure receive connector and allow the CWMS ip address.

Have a look at below links or ask your exchange admin to look at it:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125225%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx

http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000542.htm

Now if you have configured authentication on the CWMS server, you just need a mailbox acct.

If you still have a doubt or doesn't fixes your issue - share with us a screenshot from the CWMS mail server configuration.

Terry

Hi terry,

Again THANK you.

As I understood, we  have two options for Exchange allowing  relay emails from Webex server:

a) Having a mail account for Webex server., or

b) Webex server should be on  Exchange server's allowed list.

But we configured "authentication enabled" on Webex server, and we used an already created mail account on Exchange2010 server, but we still have problems to establish the connection, as you can see on attached file (mail fail.jpg).

I appreciate your effort

Enrique Villasana

The email obwebex@mydomain.com exists on your mail server?

Try using a regular mail client and send an emails from admwebex@mydom.com to obwebex@mydom.com and viceversa.

Hi Enrique,

If you've enabled Basic Authentication on the SMTP receive connector, please ensure that "Offer Basic Authentication only after starting TLS" is disabled, otherwise authentication will fail.

Thanks,

Derek Johnson

Conferencing TAC

Javier:

The email obwebex@mydomain.com exists on your mail server?

YES

Try using a regular mail client and send an emails from admwebex@mydom.com to obwebex@mydom.com and viceversa.

I created two new users but I can not access webex wiht them because I do not know the password. i tried with "forgot password" option but I have not received any email from system.

I only can access webex conference through admini users ( created during installation)

Best ragards

Derek I am checking my webex admin webpage, but i have not found this:

"Offer Basic Authentication only after starting TLS" option

Could you please tell me where Can I find this parameter??

I really appreciate your support

Enrique

Hi Enrique,

This configuration is within Exchange, in the receive connector that CWMS will connect to for sending email.

Thanks,

Derek Johnson

Hi Derek,

We confirmed with LAN administrator that "Offer Basic Authentication only after starting TLS" is disabled on  receive connector of Exchange 2010 server.

Best regards

Enrique Villasana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: