cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS Permissions and Email Updates

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

We are on our 2nd month of running CWMS and so far we are very happy with the product. Couple of questions have popped up so far:

1) Host or Administrator. Will it be possible in the future to delegate a "help Desk" type role to allow a user to have permission to only add/deactivate accounts?

2) Updated Meetings From Web - My Mac users are having to schedule from the website. The biggest complaint is when they have to go in edit and add people to the meeting the newly added do not get a meeting invite. The only solution is to notify all, which if the user has to add new people multiple times creates a flood of emails to the original participants.

3) Support for LDAP? I see there is SSO, possible to sync with LDAP?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I am glad to hear you are so far satisfied with the product. In regards to your questions, here is what we know so far:

1) Host or Administrator. Will it be possible in the future to  delegate a "help Desk" type role to allow a user to have permission to  only add/deactivate accounts? 

- There are some discussion on adding a utility that will allow Help Desk to monitor and manage meetings. I don't believe anything is commited at this time. We strongly advise our customers to reach out to their Cisco Account Teams and work with them to submit Customer Deliverable (CD) request (used to be PERS - Product Enhancement Request) for features they want to see in the product. That way, our Engineering team is aware of customer needs and can evaluate the importance and feasability.

2)  Updated Meetings From Web - My Mac users are having to schedule from  the website. The biggest complaint is when they have to go in edit and  add people to the meeting the newly added do not get a meeting invite.  The only solution is to notify all, which if the user has to add new  people multiple times creates a flood of emails to the original  participants.

- I don't believe this was brought to our attention already, but again, I would suggest reaching out to your Cisco Account Team and submit a CD to our Engineering team.

3) Support for LDAP? I see there is SSO, possible to sync with LDAP?

- Currently, you can do LDAP integration using the SSO (via SAML). More info can be foudn here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_planningGuide_chapter_01000.html

We are also working on bringing LDAP integration to CWMS via CUCM in the future releases. But, I am not exaclty sure if that will be included in 1.x version, or in 2.x

I hope this provides you with some clarification of where we are at at this time.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Hi Dejan

Is there any guide for non-experts configuring Windows Server 2008 to provide SAML?

Hi Javier,

We don't have any official document for setting up ADFS server. I would recommend reseraching Microsoft TechNet for tips (e.g.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/adfs2-step-by-step-guides%28v=ws.10%29.aspx)

I hope this will help.

-Dejan