cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex VDI, Why do we need a NAT between HVD and External Expw-E?

Hi guys,

I am trying to do the following,

* Webex VDI over MRA (where the plugin on the thin client is on the internet)

* The Webex App VDI mode is Unified CM.

I am having a bad time trying to understand why webex VDI need a NAT device as listed in the requirements.

this link

NAT transition—The SIP traffic from the HVD to the Expressway-E external interface needs to have the source IP changed before reaching the Expressway to avoid a routing issue. NAT addresses this problem. A NAT translation must be put in place on a network device that is the path between the HVD and Expressway-E.

I dont really understand that, Why do we need a NAT device in the internal network, can anyone explain me with apples?

The scenario would be VDI over MRA where the plugin installed on the thin client is outside the corporate network, but the HVD is on the inside network.

Can this NAT device be the internet router that translates the expw-e ext interface to a public IP interface?

this would be the flow.

HVD go to --> Internet --> 17.1.1.1 (internet expw-e-ext-nat) --> Internet router (inbound) --> Nat --> 10.1.1.1 (expw-e-ext)

In the above scenario, the HVD would have to go out to the internet then to come back in again thought the expressways.

Thank you for your help.

1 Reply 1

It’s because of the stupidness of the developers that came up with how the Webex app works on VDI. What you’re looking at is something called NAT reflection.

Response Signature