cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What version of PostgreSQL External Database does CISCO IM and Presence CUPS Collaboration 12.5 support for IM data import? How often does Cisco update PostgreSQL version support? Is SSL/TLS supported for Postgres in IM&P CUPS connection to PostgreSQL DB?

Mohajibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

What version of PostgreSQL External Database does CISCO IM and Presence CUPS Collaboration 12.5 support for IM data import? How often does Cisco update PostgreSQL version support? Is SSL/TLS supported for Postgres in IM&P CUPS connection to PostgreSQL DB? Which database type does Cisco recommend for external Database connection PostgreSQL, MS-SQL or Oracle based on the number of Jabber users?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Review the database setup guide for IM and Presence documentation for such release to get that information.

There is no fixed timeline for new DB version support.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jamie. The Cisco online documentation is implicitly quiet about supporting SSL/TLS for PostgreSQL but mentions about the other two MS-SQL and Oracle. I am finding errors trying to connect to the latest PostgreSQL DB v13 "STATEMENT: select n.nspname, c.relname, a.attname, a.atttypid, t.typname, a.attnum, a.attlen, a.atttypmod, a.attnotnull, c.relhasrules, c.relkind, c.oid, pg_get_expr(d.adbin, d.adrelid), case t.typtype when 'd' then t.typbasetype else 0 end, t.typtypmod, c.relhasoids from (((pg_catalog.pg_class c inner join pg_catalog.pg_namespace n on n.oid = c.relnamespace and c.relname like E'users' and n.nspname like E'public') inner join pg_catalog.pg_attribute a on (not a.attisdropped) and a.attnum > 0 and a.attrelid = c.oid) inner join pg_catalog.pg_type t on t.oid = a.atttypid) left outer join pg_attrdef d on a.atthasdef and d.adrelid = a.attrelid and d.adnum = a.attnum order by n.nspname, c.relname, attnum   ERROR: column c.relhasoids does not exist at character 245.  The Cisco CUPS 12.5 documentation recommends to use up to PostgreSQL ver. 10.7, however I could only find PostgreSQL 10.5 x64 for Windows server 2019. Postgres recommends to use PostgreSQL ver. 11 or higher for Windows 2019 servers. What version should I download to support CUPs data export to external PostgreSQL database to be installed on x64bit Windows 2019. My last question is which database is Cisco recommending based on Jabber users, for example recommendation to use Postgres for 2000 or less Jabber users generating maximum of 20 chat messages a day (depending on a customers budget) or use MS-SQL / Oracle as the external database for 2000 or more Jabber users generating a maximum of 100 chat messages per day. Your guidance is much appreciated and have a great day a head.

I would like to add, also it is alarming to find out that the above error generated as a result of a TCP connection attempt from CUPS 12.5 to the external PostgreSQL v13 port 5432 actually crashed the Message Archiver and Cisco XCP router processes to the fail over CUPs.