cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows client - crashes when attempting to open

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

I just downloaded the Windows client (Windows 7, x64 PC).  After installing initially as local admin, the app opened but said not connected.  After closing and attempting to open it again, a little window pops up that says spark experienced an issue (crashed and burned...).

Any thoughts on what might cause something like that?  Also, is the app proxy-aware (going back to the not connected issue...)?

2 Replies 2

jminasia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your feedback. Currently Spark is not proxy-aware, and this is something engineering team is investigating. Does the Windows client connect fine for you if you are able to by-pass the proxy?

If there is an install issue then the windows install log should be under one of recent folders matching the install date/time under %localappdata%\temp\vsdXXXX\install.log. Windows client does require .net framework but does not require admin rights for installation.

Another thing to try is to check if you are able to use the web client in your browser via web.ciscospark.com url

Regards,

Jean.

Hi Jean – this helps. The web client does work well. I haven’t tested it off-net, but will give that a shot also once I figure out what’s going on with it crashing…I’ll try to uninstall it and pull down a fresh copy to see if that clears it up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: