Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

We just installed Cisco Jabber and our local and long distance calling was not working.  I could run debug commands and see the call travel to the gateway. The two things that I was seeing were: local calls would go straight to voicemail, and long distance calls could not be completed and ended up going to a busy signal.  After doing some troubleshooting with the Cisco TAC, the solution was very easy:

voice-port 0/0/0:23
 bearer-cap Speech
!

The bearer-cap Speech command ensures that the Jabber call distinguishes itself as a voice call and not a data call.  In this example, everything was setup correctly and working.  A person could login to Cisco Jabber, and even make in-house calls between extensions.  The importance of this blog is that the documentation we found was:

Troubleshooting ISDN Call Failures Originated from NetMeeting or Similar 3rd Party H.323

This also relates to Jabber.  I hope that somebody finds this information useful.

Thanks,

Alex LP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: