cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
TCPuniverse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

As I know in the new CCNP/CCIE collaboration blueprint, there is no any physical phones, instead there will be Cisco Jabber and WebRTC. I'm planning to go for collaboration track from the start, but unfortunately I don't have access to any physical phone. So I wonder if Cisco Jabber can be used as a softphone (just like CIPC we knew before but discontinued I think) in the lab. I took a look at the Jabber page on Cisco site, but because I don't have enough knowledge, I didn't get the point. 

I need to know if I install many Jabber instances on my different PCs and assign phone numbers to them (like physical desktop phones inside a regular enterprise), I can emulate real situation as if I have traditional physical IP Phones. 

regards;

2 Comments
TCPuniverse
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Support forums and Cisco Community used to be a great place for people who wanted to help each other 5 years ago. But nowadays, it looks like an abandoned city, where nobody lives! in recent years I've asked some questions, lately including SD-WAN, SDA and Collaboration questions, but I've got nothing in return. So I think it's time to move forward and leave these places behind. These days, private study groups created via social messaging apps, like Telegram, Skype, and Reddit are way better places to cooperate with people who are curious about stuff than Cisco Community. 

I want to thank all of 230 people who have viewed this very basic and simple question but haven't bothered themselves to write some.

regards;

Eric Tucker
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes that is correct, they can each have a different phone number for each CSF device you will build in CUCM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: