Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Chris Bomba
Level 4
Level 4

We will be deploying a Cisco cluster in a Nutanix environment running VMware.  We know that is supported and the cluster is being built specifically for the UC infrastructure.  However, the customer wants to enable Nutanix software encryption that provides native data-at-rest encryption.  I am the UC lead not the virtualization  or back-end person, so I am not sure if this is supported or not.  I haven't heard of any of our other clients using any VMware methods to do the same thing but again, I wouldn't know if they just did it and it worked.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Response from Nutanix tech :

If encryption is enabled at the Cluster level, any and all data that is written will be encrypted. With VMware we have the ability to encrypt at the Datastore level. So if Encryption is enabled on that Datastore any data written to it will be encrypted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: