Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Shadan Saniepour Esfahani on 01-03-2010 07:38:12 PM
Greetings experts

In the "Message Settings" page for users, I want to select a specific CallHandler. How can I do it using CUPI? I couldnt find anything and would appreciate if you could be so kind and point me in the right direction.
Best regards
Shadan

Subject: RE: Change Message Settings for Users
Replied by: David Wanagel on 02-03-2010 01:55:28 PM
When you GET the details for a user, one of the fileds is CallhandlerURI, which guides you to the user's call handler resource.  Is that what you are looking for?

-Dave

Replied by: Shadan Saniepour Esfahani on 02-03-2010 05:36:35 PM
Hi David

For every user we can configure "AFter Message Action". There are two options for this:
1- Call Action (a drop down menu...but Hangup by default)
2- Call Handler ( a drop down menu of callhandlers)

I want to select the second option for "After Message Action" and also select a callhandler of my choice, all using CUPI. How can I do that? Your help is very much appreciated!

Best regards
Shadan

Replied by: David Wanagel on 02-03-2010 08:10:35 PM
According to the callhandler XSD, the actions are as follows:

<xs:documentation> The type of call action to take, e.g., hang-up, goto another object, etc.</xs:documentation>
<xs:documentation>3=Error, 2=Goto, 1=Hangup, 0=Ignore, 5=SkipGreeting, 4=TakeMsg, 6=RestartGreeting, 7=TransferAltContact, 8=RouteFromNextRule</xs:documentation>

So if I understand the question correctly, you would want to set the AfterMessageASction=2 and the AfterMessageTargetHandlerObjectID to the id of the call handler of your choice.

Replied by: Kelley Rogers on 03-03-2010 04:06:42 PM
It is very similar to how you set up the caller input keys.  Using the call handler object id of the user whom you want to change, do...

PUT https://<server>/vmrest/handlers/callhandlers/<callhandlerobjectid>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
  <CallHandlers>
  <AfterMessageAction>2</AfterMessageAction>
  <AfterMessageTargetConversation>PHTransfer</AfterMessageTargetConversation>
  <AfterMessageTargetHandlerObjectId>object id of the call handler to transfer to</AfterMessageTargetHandlerObjectId>
  </CallHandlers>

If you want to go directly to the call handler's greeting use PHGreeting for the AfterMessageTargetConversation instead.

Hope that helps.

-kelro

Replied by: Shadan Saniepour Esfahani on 03-03-2010 11:11:02 PM
Thanks for the reply Kelley!

Does this query work in your environment? When I execute this PUT query response comes back with no content and nothing happens on the CUC side either.

I did the GET query for https://<server>/vmrest/handlers/callhandlers/<callhandlerobjectid>
But I do not see the <AfterMessageAction> or <AfterMessageTargetConversation> or <AfterMessageTargetHandlerObjectId> tags. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Thanks and best regards
Shadan

Replied by: Kelley Rogers on 04-03-2010 04:09:50 PM
Yep, it works on my servers.  You should see these fields in your GET.  In the XML I get back from a GET these three elements show up between DisplayName and TimeZone...dont know if that helps narrow it down for you.  Make sure you are doing the GET on the call handler whose after message action you are changing and not the call handler who is the target of the after message action.

A 204 No Content is a successful PUT...if that is what you are getting.  Means it worked.

Replied by: Shadan Saniepour Esfahani on 05-03-2010 09:30:31 PM
Hmmm...I tried again and again but I dont see these fields in the GET message and after doing a PUT nothing happens on my server either Could it be related to the version of CUC I am running? Which version of CUC do you have?
Best regards
Shadan

Replied by: Kelley Rogers on 08-03-2010 04:48:41 PM
These commands have been working for me in 8.0+ builds....mostly internal ones.

What build are you running?  I can check these commands on the same version.

Replied by: Shadan Saniepour Esfahani on 08-03-2010 05:38:52 PM
Hi Kelley

The build I a musing is: 7.1.2.39000-54.

Thanks and best regards
Shadan

Replied by: Shadan Saniepour Esfahani on 11-03-2010 09:28:23 PM
Hi Kelley
My customer is on 7.1.3.10000-68. I have 7.1.3.30060-11 in the lab. It is not working on either of them. I need to know on which version this works to be able to tell my customer they need to upgrade to that version. Would you be so kind and let me know if this works on 7.1.3 at all. I really appreciate your help!!
Best regards
Shadan

Replied by: Kelley Rogers on 15-03-2010 05:36:30 PM
The closest I could find was 7.1.3ES30, and these commands were working fine for me in that build.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links