Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: denes istvan on 27-08-2013 07:53:31 AM
Hi,
I have ran into the following problem: after I make a succesfull call with Tapi and EpApi at the end of which I call the EpClose and I try to make another call and call the EpOpenById method I get null as return value. Input values are same as first time. The TapiLine is open. What could be the problem?

Regards,
Istvan

Subject: RE: EpOpenById called a second time
Replied by: David Staudt on 27-08-2013 02:32:11 PM
What does EpApiGetLastError return in this situation?  What class are you requesting from lineGetID?  If it's LINECALLSELECT_CALL, perhaps you must get a new ID for each call.  I believe LINECALLSELECT_LINE is the suggested class...

Replied by: denes istvan on 28-08-2013 09:31:39 AM
The lineGetID request was done useing LINECALLSELECT_LINE.

The error code after the second EpOpenById is 17003.

Replied by: denes istvan on 29-08-2013 07:37:59 AM
Checked documentation, 17003 is invalid parameter. Which probably means that the deviceId is not ok. Which is weird because it is the same as when I first made the call.

After a bit of debugging, I found out that the EpClose function returns error when the first call is ending. The error code is 16102, however I could not find out what this means.

Replied by: denes istvan on 30-08-2013 08:06:20 AM
Maybe this would help you guys: in the EpApi trace callback I get the following warning message:  EP_ERR_PARAM_INVALID: EpOpenAndSetId remote address not set for id: 1, where 1 is the device id.

After the EpClose function should I call some reset function, or wait a certain time or reinitialize the whole EpApi?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links