Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Rachel Yang on 05-04-2011 04:19:16 PM
Hi,

In the process of upgrading our CVP version to CVP 8.0(1), we recently found out that to ensure backwards compatibility with our CVP 4 (and prior) applications, we need to disable the following IOS command in the CVP gateway (for more details on that discovery, see: http://developer.cisco.com/web/vgapi/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/3515285):

vxml version 2.0

My question is the following:

Does CVP 8.0(1) (or higher) require the above IOS command to be turned on in the VXML gateway?

My guess is no, but I'd like to get an explicit confirmation from your team (as i didn't find any info on this in CVP 8.x documentation).

Thanks in advance!
Rachel

Subject: RE: Is "vxml version 2.0" ios command a prerequisite for CVP 8.0(1)?
Replied by: Bill Webb on 05-04-2011 05:03:17 PM
This command is only required if you wish to use VXML 2.0 features.  For CVP specifically, a couple of them are:

1. Enabling the "beep" when using the Record element.
2. Gracefully handling prompt errors.

Otherwise, I know of no requirement to use this with any version at this point...

- Bill

Replied by: Rachel Yang on 06-04-2011 12:13:17 PM
Hi,

Can someone from the Cisco CVP team reply with an answer to my question above, or a confirmation on Bill's input (Thanks Bill!)?

Many thanks!
Rachel

Replied by: Rachel Yang on 07-04-2011 10:44:04 AM
Hi Harun,

Thanks for the confirmation!

Rachel

Replied by: Harun Gadatia on 07-04-2011 10:36:01 AM
Hi Rachel,

Bill is correct.  Below is some additional info regarding why you may need to configure vxml 2.0 on the gateway.

The default VoiceXML behavior is compatible with versions earlier than W3C VoiceXML 2.0. You can enable W3C VoiceXML 2.0 behavior by entering the vxml version 2.0 command in global configuration mode. This command enables the following features:

¿ An audio error event, error.badfetch, is not thrown when an audio file cannot be played, for instance, because the file is in an unsupported format, the src attribute references an invalid URI, or the expr attribute evaluates to an invalid URI.
¿ Support for the beep attribute of the <record> element.
¿ Blind transfer compliant with W3C VoiceXML 2.0 and not the same as consultation transfer.
¿ A semantic error is generated if an undeclared variable is used. You must declare variables before using them.

Use the no vxml version 2.0 command to revert to the default behavior.

You can turn on the audio error feature only, which is compatible with versions earlier than W3C VoiceXML 2.0, by entering the vxml audioerror command in global configuration mode. Use the no vxml audioerror command to disable this feature. The vxml audioerror command overrides the vxml version 2.0 command, so that if both commands are entered, the audio error event will be thrown when an audio file cannot be played.

-Harun
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links