Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ben Polzin on 09-02-2012 11:25:50 AM
Turning up a new WebEx Social 2.5(2) install and my JSON node is listed as unreachable, all other nodes are working (minus web, which I haven't deployed yet).

Looking at the puppet debug on the JSON node I see this:

[root@WebEx Socialjson ~]# service puppet debug
notice: Ignoring --listen on onetime run
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Failed to parse template monit/ntp: Could not find value for 'roleenabled' at /opt/cisco/software/puppet/manifests/global/global_files.pp:209 on node WebEx Socialjson.ucalpha.com
notice: Using cached catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run
[root@WebEx Socialjson ~]# 

There are no logs on the director under the CPEM dir.

Following another thread about a similar issue with the notifier node being unreachable I tried deleting the virtual machine from vSphere and redploying, cleaning the cert with puppetca on the director in the process, but I was not able to delete the JSON node from the Director Topology page (error stating it's not allowed). When the JSON node came back up I got the same thing.

I can ping from the JSON to the Director and vis-versa using hostnames so DNS lookups and network connectivity are fine between the two.

Where do I start looking next?

Thanks!

Ben

Subject: RE: JSON Node - Unreachable
Replied by: Ben Polzin on 09-02-2012 12:31:04 PM
Please ignore, JSON node just took much longer than all the other nodes. I checked in an hour later and all looks good. Thanks,

Ben
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links