Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: GEOFFREY THOMPSON on 27-08-2008 07:09:00 PM
I've built huge applications in CVP Studio 3.x with over 200 pages linked together and never had a problem with page connectors. But with CVP Studio 4.0(2) I've encountered a problem with page linking several times.

Basically I add a couple of pages, link them together, and then save and validate. I exit the applciation and now the page connectors to one page (the exit page) are broken right throughout the application. That exit page now has no page entry or sub-dialog end (they were there). If I create these items and then relink all the pages back to this page, then save and exit, when I come back all the page connectors are broken.

I struggle to find a way to fix the application. I've tried a number of techniques, but it never can fix itself. I rebuilt the application last time, and I'm looking at a way to do this again.

CVP 3.0 NEVER had any problems. I've got little faith in CVP 4.x to re-build those huge multi-page apps.

Anyone had problems like this? It seems like the GUIDs in the .page file get screwed up.

Regards,
Geoff

Subject: Re: Multiple Pages in CVP 4.0(2) breaks easily
Replied by: Janine Graves on 27-08-2008 07:13:04 PM
Is this an app that you wrote in 4.0 or was it originally written in 3.1
and then imported into 4.0 and changed?
I haven't seen this issue with 4.0(1), but I've often seen problems with
connectors when I copy code from one app to another.

Subject: Re: Multiple Pages in CVP 4.0(2) breaks easily
Replied by: GEOFFREY THOMPSON on 30-08-2008 04:30:20 PM
Janine,

This is a new application on CVP 4.x

I have ported big applications from CVP 3.x to CVP 4.x and have not had any problems with page connectors. Except for the problem with the SubDialog start element in CVP 4.x not allowing session variables to be set, the porting is easy.

I must have hit an unusual condition. I had to create another application with the pages and page connectors - just an empty shell - and copy the "content" from the old to the new, and run save/validate/reopen/validate a few times and fix all broken page connectors until it was done. Annoying couple of hours.

I post this in case anyone else has a similar issue. It does appear that one can fix it using the "new application" technique. I could not fix the existing application.

Regards,
Geoff
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links