Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11

Subject: RE: Need explanation of a MakeTransfer element
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 29-09-2010 02:09:38 PM
The application transfer element is similar to <goto next=" "/>

element in vxml while the transfer refers to any external transfer using vxml <transfer/>
element.
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Igor Zatsarevnyy on 29-09-2010 01:10:45 PM
Hi,

Does anybody know where I can find reference info regarding a MakeTransfer element presented in CVP Call Studio? In particular, what difference is between a Transfer element and MakeTransfer element?
I attempted to search the whole Cisco site including forums but no luck.
We are using CVP 7.0(2).

Thanks.

Igor

Replied by: Seth Katzman on 29-09-2010 01:29:26 PM
Hi,

Does anybody know where I can find reference info regarding a MakeTransfer element presented in CVP Call Studio? In particular, what difference is between a Transfer element and MakeTransfer element?
I attempted to search the whole Cisco site including forums but no luck.
We are using CVP 7.0(2).

Thanks.

Igor

Hi Igor,

I couldn't find any reference to a "MakeTransfer" element.  There are two 'transfer' stock elements available in standard Call Studio that I could find:

* Transfer element - The Transfer voice element performs a call transfer to a phone number specified by a configuration setting. Dependingon how the voice browser is configured, the call transfer can be a bridge transfer or a blind transfer.
* Application Transfer element - A 'call' is transferred from one VXML application to another.  When an application transfer occurs, the call ends in one application and begins in another.  This differs from subdialogs (Subdialog invocation/VXML insert) where the application call doesn't end until the result goes back up to the parent subdialog.

Replied by: Igor Zatsarevnyy on 29-09-2010 02:03:16 PM
Hi Seth,

Thanks for your info.
I can see the MakeTransfer element in the Call Control folder of the Elements panel in CVP Call Studio.
Can you see that element in this place?

Thanks.

Igor

Replied by: Igor Zatsarevnyy on 29-09-2010 03:25:13 PM
The application transfer element is similar to <goto next=" "/>

element in vxml while the transfer refers to any external transfer using vxml <transfer/>
element.

Hi Hemal,

I mean the call transfer elements (Transfer and MakeTransfer) but not the Application Transfer element. Or, maybe, I understood you incorrectly?

Thanks.

Igor.

Replied by: Igor Zatsarevnyy on 29-09-2010 04:27:28 PM
Closed.

It appeared our programmer have created own Transfer element with the name MakeTransfer.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you all for your time.

Igor.

Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 29-09-2010 09:21:09 PM
As indicated what you probably had was one element is Transfer and the other one probably simulating the
<goto/> element used in vxml which merely transfers to another element, form etc. Not sure how exactly the maketRansfer element was defined.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links