Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Senthil Kumar Natarajan on 25-05-2013 08:12:22 PM
How to pass the user credentails (agent_ID and password) to a 3rd party gadget like CIM or Calabrio AQM portal? 

I have agent use the same credentials for Calabrio and CIM, but hate to re-type it again manually once i login to Finesse. How to pass the credentials so i can login at the same time to all gadgets.

Thanks
Senthil 

Subject: RE: New Message from Senthil Kumar Natarajan in Finesse - General Questions
Replied by: David Lender on 28-05-2013 12:00:35 PM
Senthil,

The Finesse Agent Desktop does not support single sign on.  You can however pass to your gadgets the same credentials that Finesse desktop uses.

Once the agent is logged in to the desktop and the gadgets are rendered, each gadget has access to the credentials that were used to login (agentid and password).

You have access to the configuration object using   _config

You would then obtain the authorization string from the _config object:

authorization =   _config.authorization;

Then use the finesse.js getCredentials() function to convert the authorization string into the agentid and password.

_util = finesse.utilities.Utilities;
Credentials = _util.getCredentials(authorization);
agentID = Credentials.id;
pwd = Credentials.password;

David
Comments
Coty Condry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

davidhlender - is there any way to get the username string if the customer is using Finesse 10.x with username logins instead of agent IDs? This method you posted works in my lab when we use agent IDs to log in to Finesse, but the customer tried this when logging in to Finesse (and therefore EIM/WIM) with agent usernames the Credentials.id contains the agent ID instead of the username, so they can't log in to EIM/WIM.

Cory Reeves
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get a response on this?  We are having the same issue and my call center does not want to start using agent IDs as they have been using the username to login for years.

Coty Condry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, I'm still trying to find a solution through the collaboration BU...

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

Perform a GET call to get a User object, using the agentID

/finesse/api/User/<agentID>

This will return a User object with loginName providing the user, or agent's name.

Coty Condry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Excellent, thank you!

Coty Condry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've updated the original eGain Solutions Plus gadget (iframe with TabVisible features) with single sign-on using the Finesse REST API. Here's the public repository for it: https://bitbucket.org/juxe/gadget-egain-sso

This should also work for EIM/WIM without any changes. If anyone is using the eGain OEM product and can test this, please let me know if it works or not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links