Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Matt Keenan on 04-07-2011 12:20:12 AM
Hi,

The setup is c40 Profile 42" with Dual Display and the HDMI port is cabled to an NEC projector. The standby timer is set to 5 minutes (the business requirement). People present content locally on their laptops via the VGA cable on the desk. All they use is the laptop and the projector – no need to use the codec/camera. After 5 minutes presenting, the codec goes into standby and the projector stops working. Only current work around is to increase stanby timer... anyone know a way to keep the signal active for local presentations "routed" through the codec?

Thanks
Matt

Subject: RE: Stand by issue for  local presentations - c40
Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 05-07-2011 02:26:08 PM
Hi Matt,
this is not the intended behavior - the codec is NOT supposed to enter standby as long as presentation mode is active and the codec is receiving a sync'ed signal.

Which Software version is the codec running?
And to be clear - the VGA cable is connected to the DVI-input on the codec and not directly to the projector?

Could you include a dump of what "xstatus Video input" is showing on the API?

Cheers,
David

Subject: RE: Stand by issue for  local presentations - c40
Replied by: Matt Keenan on 06-07-2011 06:18:01 AM
Hey David,

Thanks for the reply. The software release is TANDBERG Codec Release TCNC4.1.0.247779 and yes I can confirm that the VGA cable is definetly cabled to the DVI input on the codec.

I will post an xstatus as soon as I get access to the site again... i take it you want this both before and after the issue occurs?

Cheers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links