Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Abdul Rasheed on 25-09-2009 04:03:56 PM
Hi,
        i am very new TAPI.  i am trying to develop an application which will do the recording using build in bridge, sip trunk method. when i try to initiate recording using linedevspecific method with
CCiscoLineDevSpecificStartCallRecording i am not getting proper response from TSP, and no SIP initialization is happening at recorder application. My TAPI version used are as given below.

#define TAPI_CURRENT_VERSION 0x00020001
#define EARLY_TAPI_VERSION 0x00010003
lineNegotiateAPIVersion (hLineApp, dwLoopID, EARLY_TAPI_VERSION,
                                               TAPI_CURRENT_VERSION, &dwAPIVersion, &ExtensionID);

Should i change it?  i dont know the latest version number. I request somebody to Please advice me on this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Abdul Rasheed

Subject: RE: Tapi Version
Replied by: Abdul Rasheed on 30-09-2009 01:36:23 PM
Hi,
        It will be great if somebody can help me on this. I am trying to solve this for last 2 days. Following is my code

lRet= lineNegotiateExtVersion(hLineApp,dwDeviceID,TAPI_CURRENT_VERSION,0x00000000,0x00080000,&extensionVersion);

case LINECALLSTATE_DISCONNECTED:
                    {

cout << " Call DISCONNECTED.  Hanging up." << endl;

CCiscoLineDevSpecificStopCallRecording lineDevSpecStopRecording;

long lRet1= lineDevSpecific(hLine, 0, hCall, lineDevSpecStopRecording.lpParams(), lineDevSpecStopRecording.dwSize());

if (lRet < 0)
                        cout << "Failed\n";
                    }

break;

Thanks and Regards
Rasheed

Replied by: David Staudt on 30-09-2009 02:10:35 PM
API version should always be 0x00020001.  For recording, the Ext version should be at least 0x00080000.  I think you are OK there.

What is the nature of the problem?  What function is failing, with what error?

Note only later-model IP phones support built-in-bridge recording, i.e. 7970/7941/7961, etc.

You may need to attach detailed TSP trace logs.

Replied by: Abdul Rasheed on 30-09-2009 06:06:07 PM
Hi David,
               Yes API version is set as 0x00020001. Extension version is negotiated as 0x00080000 using lineNegotiateExtVersion. When i was testing before, i made a mistake , by hardcoding another value for extension version  in Lineopen instead of the negotiated value 0x00080000. I changed it and tested. Now  i call LineDevSpecific when i get LINECALLSTATE_CONNECTED event message as given below.

CCiscoLineDevSpecificStartCallRecording lineDevSpecRecording;
                    lineDevSpecRecording.m_ToneDirection =(PlayToneDirection)PlayToneDirection_NoLocalOrRemote;

long lRet= lineDevSpecific(hLine,0, hCall, lineDevSpecRecording.lpParams(), lineDevSpecRecording.dwSize());

it is returning a value hCall -1 . But after that i am not getting SLDSMT_RECORDING_STARTED message in LINE_DEVSPECIFIC event. Also the recording call is not initiated through SIP trunk by CUCM.  i tried configuring the device extension as Automatic recording , it is working fine and is intiating a call to the recorder device using SIP INVITE.

i am using IP communicator 7.x for testing , BIB is enabled. please find the attached log with this ticket.

Thanks and Regards
Abdul Rasheed

Replied by: Abdul Rasheed on 05-10-2009 04:18:59 PM
Hi David,
                The issue seems to be solved. The issue was that,  For the application user  I forget to give user permissions like
¿Standard CTI
Allow Call Monitoring" and "Standard CTI Allow Call Recording¿  .   Does CUCM resend the SIP INVITE, 3 or 4 times if the 200 OK response packet is not sent from recorder application?

Thanks and Regards
Abdul Rasheed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links