Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Dave Stewart on 28-06-2010 11:51:39 PM
In the TCS 4.0 software, support for Flash was added as both a watchable and downloadable movie.  When I run a GetConferences API call, I can see it in the returned document:

1<ns1:DownloadableMovie>
2    <ns1:Display>MPEG-4 for Flash Large 320x240 (5.8 MB)</ns1:Display>
3    <ns1:URL>http://152.178.2.120/tcs/download/C568D594-0E66-4D25-9D89-5264A6EC5B8A.mp4</ns1:URL>
4    <ns1:Width>320</ns1:Width>
5    <ns1:Height>240</ns1:Height>
6</ns1:DownloadableMovie>

However, the WSDL does not yet reflect the ability for a Flash movie to exist:

1<s:complexType name="Movies">
2    <s:sequence>
3         <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="WindowsMedia" type="tns:ArrayOfString" />
4         <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="RealMedia" type="tns:ArrayOfString" />
5         <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Quicktime" type="tns:ArrayOfString" />
6    </s:sequence>
7</s:complexType>

or

1<s:complexType name="RecordingData">
2    <s:sequence>
3        <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="RecordingId" type="s:string" />
4        <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="WindowsMedia" type="tns:ArrayOfMovieData" />
5        <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="RealMedia" type="tns:ArrayOfMovieData" />
6        <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Quicktime" type="tns:ArrayOfMovieData" />
7    </s:sequence>
8</s:complexType>

Can this be corrected, please?  Without the correct WSDL, the wsdl2java won't create all the calls necessary to easily access Flash information.

Thanks,
Dave

Subject: RE: TCS Helium.WSDL update to support Flash?
Replied by: Jesse Baker on 29-06-2010 02:06:07 AM
Hi Dave,

The Movies section in the return result for GetConference(s) is marked as deprecated and will not be updated to support any new features added.

The RecordingData structure is returned by the GetConferenceRecordings function. This function isn't documented and is not intended to be used by external systems. Do you need this for any particular reason?

Is wsdl2java failing to parse the wsdl file?

- Jess

Replied by: Dave Stewart on 29-06-2010 03:35:10 AM
Jess,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You're correct, I don't need it.  I thought that the Movie class was an element of ArrayOfWatchableMovie or ArrayOfDownloadableMovie, but, upon closer inspection, they -are- wholly different structures. 

If you consider the uses to be deprecated or private, then, no changes are needed.

Dave

Replied by: Jesse Baker on 29-06-2010 03:37:54 AM
That's great!

The WSDL file will remain unchanged.

- Jess
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links