Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Santosh Karankoti on 09-09-2011 05:31:34 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to login two lines (extensions) on two different instances of CTIOS Agent Desktop apps using different agent ids?

When i tried this its giving me error code [10164] with message "Another agent is already using this phone".

I want to force the agent id 2 to login on the second line of the device. If it is possible, any specific configuration / registry entry / settings / flag has to be modified, please let me know. For clarification, below is an example.

Ex:
In a single IP Communicator, i will configure two lines with extension 1001 and 1002 will create the Device Targets for these individual in ICM and accordingly create two ctios pg labels for these. Also i will create two agent ids in Agent Explorer, suppose 2001 and 2002. Now will start two CTIOS Agent Desktop instances and will attempt the below login.

CTIOS app 1: AgentId=2001,InstrumentId=1001, (This is allowing me to login)
CTIOS app 2: AgentId=2002,InstrumentId=1002, (This is giving me above mentioned error code and msg)

Do any extra configuration settings has to be modified like Route Partition, Device Pool, Calling Search Space or any extra registry entries to be created in the PG boxes. Kindly reply whether this can be accomplished?

If not, please let me know will the CTIOS app has limitation that only one line on a device is allowable to login?

Subject: RE: New Message from Santosh Karankoti in Computer Telephony Integration Ob
Replied by: David Lender on 13-09-2011 09:38:57 AM
No, only 1 agent can be logged into a phone.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links