Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Adventity BPO on 28-12-2010 07:21:18 AM
Hi all,

I want to know what is GUID and from where it originates. As my requirement is to capture the GUID in VXML application. So i have to send to GUID to ICM and have to capture the same as variable in Application.

Subject: RE: What is GUID and where it originates?
Replied by: Gerard O'Rourke on 05-01-2011 10:09:25 AM
When a call arrives at a Unified CVP ingress gateway, Cisco IOS assigns that call (regardless of whether SIP or H.323 is being used) a 36-digit hexadecimal Global Unique Identifier (GUID) that uniquely identifies the call. Unified CVP carries that GUID through all of the components that the call encounters, as follows:

o Ingress gateway :: shown in Cisco IOS log files
o VoiceXML gateway :: shown in Cisco IOS log files
o Unified CVP components :: shown in Unified CVP log files
o Unified Intelligent Contact Management Enterprise (ICME) :: shown in the Extended Call Context (ECC) variable user.task.id and stored with all Termination Call Detail (TCD) and Route Call Detail (RCD) records
o Automatic speech recognition (ASR) and text-to-speech (TTS) servers :: shown in logs as the logging tag
o Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) :: appears in the detailed logs

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/srnd/7x/cvp_mmar.html

Hope above help.
In summary, IOS gateway creates the GUID. The ID is 100% unique and you should never have two IDs the same for two different calls.

regards,
Gerard.

Comments
Albert
Level 1
Level 1

I was jus trying out adding the call.use.media.id in the callvariable3. 
But it was no the same for the same caller. 

1. we made a call to UCCE DN.
  2. in icm skript I added user.media.id to CV3
  3. call got routed to agent
  4. agent forwarded call to a new UCCE DN to a new script
  5. I filled up the CV3 with user.media.id
  6. after call arrived to a new agent the ID was different.

By the information that you have written the Callguid is generated byt ingress gateway,
but after testing it looks like it was changed. 
Is it a correct behaviour or not? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links