Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: John Monroe on 24-06-2011 09:43:31 AM
How do I go about getting a firmware upgrade for the CIUS? I'm currently running a version that I believe is old:
Kernel version: 2.6.31.6-mrst
Build number: ivydale-eng 2.2 MASTER ...
Active load: sipcius.9-1-1TT6-29SECdev

Subject: RE: CIUS firmware upgrades
Replied by: David Nguyen on 29-06-2011 02:51:10 PM
Hi John,

Yes you're running a very old version of the firmware. Please reach out to whomever provided you with your Cius device.
They should be able to provide you instructions to upgrade your firmware.

David

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 29-06-2011 08:47:05 PM
Cisco provides support for registering your Cius device with our RAVE DMZ lab in Galway, Ireland http://developer.cisco.com/web/cius-developer/remote-access-validation-environment-rave Registering will trigger an automatic Cius firmware update/install to the latest recommended version. For details and support on Cius registration with RAVE, please see the Upgrade Cius Firmware page on this site

Replied by: John Monroe on 01-07-2011 09:16:26 AM
Cisco provides support for registering your Cius device with our RAVE DMZ lab in Galway, Ireland http://developer.cisco.com/web/cius-developer/remote-access-validation-environment-rave Registering will trigger an automatic Cius firmware update/install to the latest recommended version. For details and support on Cius registration with RAVE, please see the Upgrade Cius Firmware page on this site

Two things:
1. The request to access RAVE requires the mac address of my CIUS. I cannot find it on the device itself, nor in the settings for "About CIUS". The only thing on the back of the device is a label "T2B-A". Where can I find the mac address?
2. The firmware update process looks like it requires Cisco Unified Personal Communicator (CUPC) running on my laptop. Where can I get this?

We received our CIUS from Kelly Ramey (kramey@cisco.com).

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 01-07-2011 11:06:39 AM
1.You can find the MAC address of your Cius by going to the Settings Menu, then choose Wireless and Networks, then choose Ethernet settings.  You should see the MAC address displayed.

2.You can find instructions on how to download and install CUPC on this page, http://developer.cisco.com/web/cius-developer/how-to-connect-to-rave-vpn.   It is not required for completing the firmware upgrade.  However, it is nice to have it to test collaboration features.

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 29-07-2011 01:10:48 AM

Hi, The Upgrade Cius Firmware link is broken. Please provide the working link. Thanks!

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 29-07-2011 09:54:32 AM
Hello Shivneet -

The correct link for the firmware upgrade instructions is http://developer.cisco.com/web/cius-developer/upgrade-cius-firmware.  You must be logged into the site to access this link.

Thanks,
Amanda Whaley

Replied by: Tony Sheffler on 29-07-2011 10:30:51 PM
Hello Shivneet -

The correct link for the firmware upgrade instructions is http://developer.cisco.com/web/cius-developer/upgrade-cius-firmware.  You must be logged into the site to access this link.

Thanks,
Amanda Whaley

Im trying to update my software using the steps but it never updates.  It looks like it connects to a "1105" but never says new software is going to download.  is there a way to download the latest software and install it manually?

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 01-08-2011 03:22:56 PM
Hello Tony,

There is not a way to download and manually install the upgrade.  Please try doing a factory reset before connecting for the upgrade.  After connecting please go to Settings > About Cius and scroll down to Active Load to check for a progress bar.

Thanks,
Adrienne

Replied by: Tony Sheffler on 01-08-2011 03:33:15 PM
Hello Tony,

There is not a way to download and manually install the upgrade. Please try doing a factory reset before connecting for the upgrade. After connecting please go to Settings > About Cius and scroll down to Active Load to check for a progress bar.

Thanks,
Adrienne

Im giving this a shot now. I hope the master reset allows me to update the software.  Did you just follow the update steps listed above?

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 01-08-2011 03:42:27 PM
Hello Tony,

Yes, just follow the steps listed above. That's how I upgraded the Cius.

Thanks,
Adrienne

Replied by: Tony Sheffler on 01-08-2011 03:44:28 PM
I've reset the device and followed the steps, it still just shows like its connected to 1105 when i hit the phone icon.  No update ever triggers.  Do I need to be connected to anything else other then a WIFI connection? 

Replied by: Matthew J Denapoli on 01-08-2011 03:58:05 PM
Hi Tony,

First, make sure you are using the VPN connection to RAVE that you set up as part of the upgrade instructions.  Then, wait for the upgrade to start -- it can take 10-15 minutes to start.

Thanks,
Adrienne

Replied by: Tony Sheffler on 01-08-2011 04:01:23 PM
Hi Tony,

First, make sure you are using the VPN connection to RAVE that you set up as part of the upgrade instructions. Then, wait for the upgrade to start -- it can take 10-15 minutes to start.

Thanks,
Adrienne

Hmmm, I've followed every step.  Do I need to register to RAVE for access?  I submitted a request with my MAC address but never heard anything back.  Thank you very much for responding so quickly and trying to help me out.

Replied by: Tony Sheffler on 01-08-2011 04:03:21 PM
Hi Tony,

First, make sure you are using the VPN connection to RAVE that you set up as part of the upgrade instructions. Then, wait for the upgrade to start -- it can take 10-15 minutes to start.

Thanks,
Adrienne

Just an FYI, it seems to disconnect from the internet when I use alternate TFTP server and change it to 10.10.20.1 but the VPN connects normally.

Replied by: David Staudt on 01-08-2011 06:46:31 PM
Please send an email to register-cius-request@cisco.com, the RAVE team may be able to check settings on their side for your particular device.  I suspect however that your firmware load may be too old to support remote update, or  may have other issues effecting connectivity.  You may need to work with whoever sourced your unit to send it back and get a replacement with the latest load.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links