Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Umesh Chaurasia on 22-03-2012 10:47:33 AM
I am redirecting call from CTI Port and getting "com.cisco.jtapi.InvalidPartyExceptionImpl: Request failed because of an invalid destination". I can make call to same destination from CTI Port. I check partition and CSS ans all are ok. In redirect method we also tried with different value of calling search space.

What could be the possible cause? It's a cluster with 2 subscribers. CUCM is 8.5.X version.

Regards,
Umesh

Subject: RE: com.cisco.jtapi.InvalidPartyExceptionImpl: Request failed because of an
Replied by: Mohan Potluri on 22-03-2012 04:37:37 PM
CSS is used a bit differently in CTI redirect when compared to normal call. In normal call, calling party CSS is used to find if called party is 'reachable'.

When redirect is done from Cisco JTAPI or other CTI interfaces, calling party CSS is used by default. ie In A calls B, B redirect to C scenario, CSS of A should have partition of C for redirect to be successful. If application wants to use CSS of B, then redirect<code>(java.lang.String destination, int mode, int callingSearchSpace) with </code>CiscoConnection.ADDRESS_SEARCH_SPACE for third parameter should be used. 
Let us know if this resolves your issue.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links