Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ruwei Liu on 11-09-2009 10:26:53 AM
Hi,

It looks like that if the client JTAPI (The jar file) doesnot match the CUCM server's JTAPI version, the JTAPI application won't work.

I'd like to write a program that can compare local JTAPI version and the server version, then update my local JTAPI jar files to make it in consistent with server.

All the information that can be provided to my program is a CUCM publisher address, CUCM user account (a normal enduser, and the password).

How can I do this? I was thinking of AxlSoap, but it seems that the user account must have AxlSoap access to the Call manager database, which I'm not sure if  the real world plays this way.

Another question is, how can I found out which CUCM node has CTI enabled? AxlSoap again? I tried to connect to the publisher node(no CTI) using my JTAPI client, doesn't work.

Any highlights will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ruwei

Subject: RE: Determine Client JTAPI version and CUCM server JTAPI version, CTI node?
Replied by: David Staudt on 11-09-2009 01:19:15 PM
There are several built-in classes that are designed to facilitate auto-update type functionality.  See the 'Autoupdate of API' section of the JTAPI Developer Guide for details:

Command Line : java com.cisco.services.updater.ComponentUpdater <server> <component name>
                <login> <passwd>
                     Component localComponent, downloadedComponent;
                     ComponentUpdater updater = new ComponentUpdater();
                     String localPath = updater.getLocalComponentPath(args[1]);
                     localComponent = updater.queryLocalComponentVersion("jtapi.jar",localPath);
                     localComponent.copyTo("component.temp");
                     String provString = args[0] + ";login=" + args[2] + ";passwd=" + args[3];
                     CiscoJtapiPeer peer = (CiscoJtapiPeer) (JtapiPeerFactory.getJtapiPeer(null));
                     CiscoJtapiProperties tempProp = ( (CiscoJtapiPeerImpl) (peer)). getJtapiProperties();
                     tempProp.setLightWeightProvider(true);
                     Provider provider = peer.getProvider(provString);
                     String url = ( (CiscoProvider) (provider)).getJTAPIURL(); provider.shutdown();
                     Component serverComponent = updater.queryServerComponentVersion("jtapi.jar", url);
     Cisco Unified JTAPI Developers Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 7.0(1)
3-42                                                                                               OL-16702-01
Chapter 3 Features Supported by Cisco Unified JTAPI
                            downloadedComponent = serverComponent.fetchFromServer();
                            int retVal = downloadedComponent.replaces(localComponent);

Discovery of which nodes are running the CTI-Manager service, if you are given only the Publisher address, will require AXL.  Since multiple nodes should be running CTI-Manager the admin really should be specifying which one the app should use to ensure the load-balance/redundancy/failover plan is being followed.

Subject: RE: Determine Client JTAPI version and CUCM server JTAPI version, CTI node?
Replied by: Ruwei Liu on 11-09-2009 03:59:48 PM
Thanks David. This is really of great help.

Best Regards,
Ruwei

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links