Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Darren Chen Loong Heng on 14-09-2010 08:52:08 AM
Hi Guys,

I have sent up the CiscoIPServices Server using the guide below:

Cisco Unified IP Phone Services Application Development Notes, Release 7.1(2)

While it seems to be working great and my IP Phones are able to subscribe to them and pull data such as stock information from the internet... I am still having problems with some of the scripts. My current problem is with "stockchart2.asp".

Everytime i run it, I get the error: "Error: Permission denied, -7ff5ffba". Going through the ASP script, line by line, I find that the problem is with this line: "var Inet1 = new ActiveXObject("CiscoURLProxy.URLGrabber");". If I comment it out, the script runs but obvisously I need that line for the script to give me the results I need.

I have restarted IIS Admin, restarted the server, given domain admin access to the componet: CiscoURLProxy, given all access for CiscoIPServices in IIS, and given full access to the CiscoIPServices folder...but I still get the above error.

Did anyone else get this problem and is there a resolution?

Thanks in advance!
Darren

Subject: RE: Error: Permission denied, -7ff5ffba
Replied by: Darren Chen Loong Heng on 14-09-2010 09:27:37 AM
Hi Guys,

I have sent up the CiscoIPServices Server using the guide below:

Cisco Unified IP Phone Services Application Development Notes, Release 7.1(2)

While it seems to be working great and my IP Phones are able to subscribe to them and pull data such as stock information from the internet... I am still having problems with some of the scripts. My current problem is with "stockchart2.asp".

Everytime i run it, I get the error: "Error: Permission denied, -7ff5ffba". Going through the ASP script, line by line, I find that the problem is with this line: "var Inet1 = new ActiveXObject("CiscoURLProxy.URLGrabber");". If I comment it out, the script runs but obvisously I need that line for the script to give me the results I need.

I have restarted IIS Admin, restarted the server, given domain admin access to the componet: CiscoURLProxy, given all access for CiscoIPServices in IIS, and given full access to the CiscoIPServices folder...but I still get the above error.

Did anyone else get this problem and is there a resolution?

Thanks in advance!
Darren

Hey Guys, for those of you with this problem. You may have to change your Anonymous domain account with administrator access. I changed that and it now works!

Cheers
Darren Heng
Comments
hokes
Community Member

Hello, same problem, please, how can I change it?

Thanks Mirek

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, several of the tools in the IPPS SDK are now obsolete (the SDK is many years old), especially stuff like IIS server-side objects.  The recommendation is to use the current, native code solutions to program the functionality previously provided by the tools - e.g. use your platform's language native xmlHttpRequest-like mechanism to retrieve the desired URL (then parse the result and format to the IPPS XML formats.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links