Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: fabian smith on 07-01-2014 10:44:49 AM
I am trying to create a LUA script that will essentially response to a 407 Proxy-Authentication required status code via sending a new request with the proper credentials or authenticate before the request is processed via the original invite. I am thinking this is feasible an could use some assistance with regards to a layout of the script. I am not versed in any form of scripting but find LUA/SIP intriguing and would love to learn with a little guidance.  Again any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Fabian

Subject: RE: How to add Proxy-Authorization header field value via LUA
Replied by: Mark Stover on 09-01-2014 10:46:19 AM
Hi Fabian,

The only way this will work is if you can identify the necessary SIP message components that contain the authentication for the Proxy. The way it works is that CUCM creates the INVITE, the Lua script manipulates it by adding the necessary authentication, then CUCM sends the modified message. If you are going to Cisco Live (or sign up for the virtual version), I have a session on SIP Normalization that covers the basics of Lua Scripting for CUCM.

Mark

Subject: RE: How to add Proxy-Authorization header field value via LUA
Replied by: fabian smith on 09-01-2014 11:41:35 AM
Mark Stover:
Hi Fabian,

The only way this will work is if you can identify the necessary SIP message components that contain the authentication for the Proxy. The way it works is that CUCM creates the INVITE, the Lua script manipulates it by adding the necessary authentication, then CUCM sends the modified message. If you are going to Cisco Live (or sign up for the virtual version), I have a session on SIP Normalization that covers the basics of Lua Scripting for CUCM.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for responding I understand the power of Lua overall, but I have not seen any info with regards to authentication. A co-worker and myself were able to get the script to add all of the needed parameteres ie: realm, username, etc but not MD5 hash which means the 3rd party device will not respond to the invite. How would one go about adding this info in the invite?

Fabian
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links