Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Problem Description

Requirement / Issue:

Service Provider is using ISR 3945 as a CUBE to connect to his interconnect Service Provider over SIP trunks. ISP is interested to know the total active SIP Calls on the trunk (not call legs). Is there a way we could arrive at the total active calls from the call  legs and identify the SIP-to-SIP calls on Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)?

Solution

Show commands to Identify the active call count on SIP:

Show commands

SBC03#Show call active voice compact

Number of call-legs counted during viewing: 1448

SBC03#Show voip rtp connections

Found 1459 active RTP connections

SBC03#show call active voice brief | incl call-legs

Telephony call-legs: 0

SIP call-legs: 1053

H323 call-legs: 0

Call agent controlled call-legs: 0

SCCP call-legs: 410

Multicast call-legs: 0

Total call-legs: 1463

SIP call-legs: 1050

SCCP call-legs: 410

Total call-legs: 1460

is not equal to the initial count. Some call-legs were

Number of call-legs counted during viewing: 1460

SBC03#

SBC03#

SBC03#

SBC03#sh sip-ua call su

Total SIP call legs:1066, User Agent Client:526, User Agent Server:540

SBC03#sh call active voice summary

SIP call-legs: 38

SCCP call-legs: 0

Total call-legs: 38

SBC03#sh sip-ua calls summary     

Total SIP call legs:44, User Agent Client:19, User Agent Server:25

SBC03#sh call active voice summary

SIP call-legs: 38

SCCP call-legs: 0

Total call-legs: 38

Since the above example is only on SIP-SIP calls you can see from active call Summary

No. of SIP-SIP Calls = SIP call leg / 2  = 19

But there can be more on total legs as there can some calls being generated. If you have MTP/transcoder / conference then those legs will be more than the actual call leg. So we should take no. of SIP legs /2 for SIP-SIP calls.

Related Information

Comments
Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Good one just referred  someone here. +5

-Terry

prasanna.k1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Muthurani,

Really good post. Thanks Terry in referring this to me :).

Editing after some more research:

Let me know if "show subscription sip summary" can be used to get the SIP subscription information (# of parallel SIP sessions we can make). Please guide me.

Regards,

Prasanna

Kevin kamau
Level 1
Level 1

Great post Muthurani. Thsi was really helpful

Thank you everyone. all your comments are really encouraging.

Regards

Lavanya

lakshmanrao7
Community Member

Hi Lavanya, I am Lakshman, new to Cisco Voice World.. working as a UC engineer.. I need troubleshooting docs as well if you have any documents which are helpful to Voice World please share with me....my mail id is laxman.cisco@gmail.com... i have gone through your cisco support profile..nice and extraordinary ... Hope to hear from you soon.. Good Day .. 

jgracecco
Level 1
Level 1

So what the command to find out how many sip sessions i can actually establish on my 3945.  we have the uck9 lic and i think i read that it max at 950. But is there a max count i can see on my routers.  

henryc199
Community Member

Very good article!! Thanks for the great job

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

Thank you for this detailed document.

You can also check SIP Trunk call activity through RTMT Tool. The "Trunk Activity" under Voice/Video section in RTMT Tool shows call activity for all SIP Trunks configured in CUCM. If you would like to see call activity for specific SIP Trunk, then you can go to System >> Performance >> Select CUCM >> Cisco SIP. Choose the performance counters under Cisco SIP to see Trunk activity. Please see the attached screenshots..

Thanks,

Vaijanath S.

Please rate if this is helpful.

Hi 

Is it possible to get this information as a notification via e-mail?  i.e. Could I assign a threshold for active calls and then setup get a notification via SNMP? 

Thanks

Chris

cnscisco
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent post! This is Cisco Community working as intended!

hostasaurus
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a counter available via SNMP that contains a value that represents active SIP calls on the ISP side?  For example, only the 'client' side of "sh sip-ua call br", i.e. "Number of SIP User Agent Client(UAC) calls: ".   Or, just the ORG side of "show call active voice compact"?  Those values seem to properly count SIP sessions between our cubes and upstream providers, which are all that I care about when trying to measure SIP session utilization versus max concurrent sessions on the provider side, to see if we're coming close to the limit.

CISCO-VOICE-DIAL-CONTROL-MIB::cvCallVolConnActiveConnection.sip seems to double the count since it's counting phone to cube plus cube to PSTN.  I realize I can divide by two, but wasn't sure if that variable may increment from other types of calls the cube handles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: