Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ofer Shany on 03-10-2010 07:24:58 AM
Hi,
We're implementing our own CTI client using the Java CIL SDK. Is there
an API to mute a call ? We wish the agent to be able to mute the call (so the caller cna't hear him) without putting the caller on hold.
I could not find such an API either in the developer guide or java doc.
Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Ofer

Subject: RE: How to mute a call
Replied by: Christopher Nagel on 06-10-2010 08:15:17 PM
Hi,
an API to mute a call ? We wish the agent to be able to mute the call (so the caller cna't hear him) without putting the caller on hold.
Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Ofer

Ofer,
Sorry - this is a common question, and the truth is that it's not possible.  If you were to use the JTAPI client and build your own software telephone, you might be able to hack the WIN API to the microphone, but that would be quite a challenge.
Bottom line is that the hardware mute is not software controllable from any library that Cisco has on offer.
Chris

Subject: RE: How to mute a call
Replied by: Shannon McCoy on 08-10-2010 06:58:55 PM

Hi,
Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Ofer

Ofer,
Sorry - this is a common question, and the truth is that it's not possible.  If you were to use the JTAPI client and build your own software telephone, you might be able to hack the WIN API to the microphone, but that would be quite a challenge.
Bottom line is that the hardware mute is not software controllable from any library that Cisco has on offer.
Chris

Actually you would not use a Win API to the mic. You would use TAPI or JTAPI to do call control and mute the phone or line device itself. If you wrap the call you want to do in a Window Service Hosted WCF web service you can actually just make the calls you want through web services to that TAPI API. I do stuff like this all the time between Java and .NET
Comments
YouTee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any update on this..?

I have tried to mute myself from the call using JTAPI by using sendData(byte[]) and send the following XML to this:

<CiscoIPPhoneExecute><ExecuteItem Priority="0" URL="Key:Mute"/></CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

This is working on Cisco IP communicator but not working on Cisco Jabber softphone. Any suggestions on this..?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links