Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Rodrigo Covarrubias on 19-08-2013 05:48:18 PM
Hi there,

I hope this is not a difficult question,

Which webserver is inside SocialMiner, is a Java webserver?
Is Social Miner service (webserver) AJP protocol enabled?
if not, how can I enable it? We'd like to use Social Miner through another webserver by redirecting inbound request with ajp connector

Thanks in advance

The Apache JServ Protocol (AJP) is a binary protocol that can proxy inbound requests from a web server through to an application server that sits behind the web server.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_JServ_Protocol

Subject: Re: New Message from Rodrigo Covarrubias in SocialMiner - Technical Discuss
Replied by: Saurabh Jangid on 20-08-2013 11:12:50 AM
Hi Rodrigo,

SocialMiner uses Cisco's Tomcat as a web server. By default the AJP connector is not enabled in SocialMiner Tomcat configuration.
Theoretically you can always enable the AJP connector in tomcat but since its neither supported & nor tested, we don't recommend it.

Regards
Saurabh

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums <cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>>
Reply-To: "cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>" <cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>>
Date: Monday, August 19, 2013 6:48 PM
To: "cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>" <cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>>
Subject: New Message from Rodrigo Covarrubias in SocialMiner - Technical Discussion: Is Social Miner http service(webserver) AJP protocol enabled?

Rodrigo Covarrubias has created a new message in the forum "Technical Discussion": -------------------------------------------------------------- Hi there,

I hope this is not a difficult question,

Which webserver is inside SocialMiner, is a Java webserver?
Is Social Miner service (webserver) AJP protocol enabled?
if not, how can I enable it? We'd like to use Social Miner through another webserver by redirecting inbound request with ajp connector

Thanks in advance

The Apache JServ Protocol (AJP) is a binary protocol that can proxy inbound requests from a web server through to an application server that sits behind the web server.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_JServ_Protocol
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/socialminer/community/-/message_boards/view_message/18397654 or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Rodrigo Covarrubias in SocialMiner - Technical Dis
Replied by: Rodrigo Covarrubias on 21-08-2013 11:41:07 AM
Hi Saurabh, thanks for your support

Could you give me information related to locate and modify the server.xml tomcat configuration file?, I'm newbie using CLI command interface

My guess is I need to leave the AJP configuration (server.xml) section as follows
    <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
    <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

Kind Regards

Subject: Re: New Message from Rodrigo Covarrubias in SocialMiner - Technical Discuss
Replied by: Saurabh Jangid on 21-08-2013 05:20:00 PM
Hi Rodrigo,

As I updated earlier, theoretically you can modify the server.xml and enable the connector in any tomcat installation but since SocialMiner uses Cisco's Tomcat and we don't support/test AJP connector, I don't know what will be the repercussions of this in the application.

Regards
Saurabh

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums <cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>>
Reply-To: "cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>" <cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>>
Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:41 PM
To: "cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>" <cdicuser@developer.cisco.com<mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com>>
Subject: New Message from Rodrigo Covarrubias in SocialMiner - Technical Discussion: RE: Re: New Message from Rodrigo Covarrubias in SocialMiner - Technical Dis

Rodrigo Covarrubias has created a new message in the forum "Technical Discussion": -------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Saurabh, thanks for your support

Could you give me information related to locate and modify the server.xml tomcat configuration file?, I'm newbie using CLI command interface

My guess is I need to leave the AJP configuration (server.xml) section as follows
    <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
    <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

Kind Regards
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/socialminer/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/18460124 or simply reply to this email.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links