Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Andrew Higgins on 22-10-2010 07:17:40 PM
Finesse server has been running for about a week since the last restart.  When trying to log in we're getting the error "Server authentication failure. Please try again or
contact your system administrator."  Rebooted the server and getting the same result.  Looking at the ICM CTI server we're not seeing any type of request come in.  What logs would you like to see?

Thanks,

Andrew

Subject: RE: Unable to log in
Replied by: Conrad Chan on 22-10-2010 11:07:40 PM
Hi Andrew,

Maybe we could start with foundation logs.  Could you attempt another log in and then retrieve the logs at /opt/cisco/desktop/logs/foundation?

Thanks,
Conrad

Replied by: Andrew Higgins on 25-10-2010 08:12:05 PM
I'm not seeing a foundation directory under /opt/cisco/desktop/logs, just the following.

cfservice
db
httpdservice
openfireservice
quadservice
webservices

I see /opt/cisco/foundation/logs but there is only one file with two lines that are not useful.

Thanks,

Andrew

Replied by: Andrew Higgins on 25-10-2010 08:26:47 PM
Logs attached.

Replied by: Andrew Higgins on 26-10-2010 12:12:37 AM
>Have you changed any settings for the NIC device in VMWare?

No changes.

>Are you
able to log into the VOS CLI and execute a network ping to 172.26.1.102?

Yes, successfully.

Thanks,

Andrew

Replied by: Andrew Higgins on 26-10-2010 01:54:56 AM
I'm able to log in now, looks like we found a bug with ICM 8.5.

Using Network Monitor from the PG I was able to confirm the Finesse server was sending the request and the PG was rejecting it.  Even with CTI tracing turned up higher I wasn't seeing any of the connection attempts.  Troubleshooting the PG I changed the configuration of CTI server from using hostnames to IP addresses and once I restarted the process after the change the Finesse server was able to connect.  Just to confirm I set CTI server back to hostnames and encountered the same issue again.  Going back to IP addresses the Finesse server didn't recovery immediately.  I tried logging in a few times but got pulled away.  Coming back about 30 minutes later I was able to log in successfully.  Not sure how long the recovery actually took.

Thanks,

Andrew

Replied by: Conrad Chan on 25-10-2010 08:15:49 PM
Hi Andrew,

Sorry, looks you're running a build with different logging locations.  Can you reproduce the scenario and then send us all the logs under the following locations?
· Desktop Webservices logs can be located here /opt/cisco/desktop/logs/webservices
· Notification service (openfire) logs can be located here /opt/cisco/desktop/openfire/logs
· Quad/UI logs can be located here /opt/cisco/desktop/foundation/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/logs and /opt/ramfs/logs
Install logs can be located here /common/log/install/desktop-install.log

Thanks,
Conrad

Replied by: Conrad Chan on 25-10-2010 11:54:03 PM
Thanks for the logs.

We took a look at them the issue isn't obvious.  The Desktop sign in is failing due to the sign in request to the Web Services returning AWS_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE indicating that the Web Services component is not in service.

From looking at the Web Services logs, it appears that it is unable to connect to the CTI Server at 172.26.1.102 port 42027, repeatedly getting "Connection refused".  This seems intermittent since earlier in the week you were able to connect to the CTI server using the same IP and port.

Have you changed any settings for the NIC device in VMWare?  Are you able to log into the VOS CLI and execute a network ping to 172.26.1.102?

Replied by: Conrad Chan on 26-10-2010 12:26:47 AM
Using root access, can you try executing:
>> telnet 172.26.1.102 42027

Can you verify that the CTI Server logs reflects the connection made using telnet?

Replied by: Andrew Higgins on 26-10-2010 02:11:03 PM
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\ucce\CG1A]
"CGPublicInterfaceA"="172.26.1.102"
"CGPublicInterfaceB"="172.26.1.102"
"PGPublicInterfaceA"="172.26.1.102"
"PGPublicInterfaceB"="172.26.1.102"

The above four from hostname to IP address.

Thanks,

Andrew

Replied by: David Lender on 26-10-2010 01:49:58 PM
Troubleshooting the PG I changed the configuration of CTI server from using hostnames to IP addresses and once I restarted the process after the change the Finesse server was able to connect. 

What is the CTI Server registry setting you needed to modify?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links